HOW DO YOU EXERCISE?

Options
Everyday after school i run/jog a mile then shoot hoops for like 15 minutes but what do you guys do?
i dont know of many people that actually go running for there exercise.

Replies

• karamae
    karamae Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been going jogging for about 15 mins everyday. I also do a lot of yard work with bending, which I'm always sore after! I just started playing on a softball team and that involves using muscles I don't normally use. That's just one night a week but we try and hit balls once or twice during that week as well.

Keep it up!!!
  • RentThisSpace
    RentThisSpace Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I normally run at least 3 miles (usually more, though) around 3-4 times per week. I do weight training on days I don't lift, and have several different routines I mix and match to keep the muscles guessing.
  • kellybones
    kellybones Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    MWF - I run 3.6 to 4.6 miles depending on my motivation and how hot it is.
    T and Thurs - Gym with a mix of lifting/cardio/core for at least an hour
    Saturday - cross-training with biking and generally some lifting at the gym
    Sunday - long run - 6 miles or more

But I exercise A LOT
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    P90X 6 days a week; running 1.5-3 miles up to 2x a week on Wed Friday (P90X cardio days). And occasionally the neccessary evil of maintainin the yard. Just Sat my husband and I hauled 100 40-lb bags of topsoil, raked and reseeded the yard. Took us over 3 hrs and I'm still sore! :laugh:
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of jogging and power walking for a total of 6 miles

I love being outside, makes the workout much more fun and relaxing for me
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    M & F - Tennis for 1 hour. I LOVE tennis!
    T, Th, Su - Yoga for 20 or 30 minutes.
    W & Sa - Walking for 40 minutes.

I also just started doing a very brief and simple strength training workout, 6 minutes. The plan is to do it 7 days a week. We'll see!
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I love to exercise and my schedule is insane, but you have to take into consideration that I teach classes as well....Sunday's no weight day, I run 20k's with my son. Mondays, 1.5 hours of ab and leg work, 1 hour of step class, 45 minutes of cardio kickboxing. Tuesday, 1.5 hours of chest/back work, 1 hour spin, 1 hour zumba and 30 minutes of core 1000. Wednesday, 1.5 hours of quad, calf, bicep.tricep. 1 hour step n flex, 45 minutes with running club, and i teach 1 hour of nordic walking. Thrusday, 1.5 hours hamstring/calf, shoulders,, 1 hour step, 1 hour cardio pump, introduction to spin, 45 minutes. Fridays 1.5 full body weight work, 1 hour plyometrics/bootcamp, 1 hour step, Saturday I teach a weightlifting for women class 1 hour, then I do my legs for another 45 minutes. On to *****ybootcamp, 2hours, includes a 30 minute run, 1 hour step n flex. this is in addition to my job as a mail carrier, my route is 6k's and a walking route..my routine as far as weights is always changing, but this is what i'm doing now. I get more then my fair share of exercise, and i don't include, yard work or running my dog or biking with my kids into my daily allowances, I consider them bonus!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym four nights a week.

I try and do this same routine every time, but some nights I just don't have time to complete everything.

Treadmill - 3.5 mph - about 80 minutes (until I burn 1000 calories)
    Incline bench press - power cage - 50lb - 2 sets of 15 reps
    Incline bench press - power cage - 90lb - 3 sets of 8
    Ab Coaster - 100 reps
    Concentration curls - 20lb dumbbells - 2 to 3 sets of 8
    Arnold presses - 20lb dumbbells - 2 to 3 sets of 8
    Lat pull down machine - 70lb - 2 to 3 sets of 8
    Swimming - freestyle laps - 40 to 60 minutes (or until the gym closes)
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I do a combination of Crossfit workouts from their main site and then use Crosfit Endurance for my cardio days. I work at our Fire Dept so alot of our training revolves around functional strength. Crossfit workouts accomplish this and add an intensity level and cardio level into every workout.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I workout 5-6 days a week. I usually try to do 4 miles within an hour and I do a few abdominal exercies as well. I don't like to lift weights because I'm afraid to get 'beefy' :)
  • HOSED49
    Options
    Weights alone will not make you beefy..
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'll rephrase that... Maybe I'm afraid of muscle. :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just changed my routine, this is what I'm doing:

Cardio days - Elliptical 30 minutes
    Strength days - First: 5 minutes jumping rope (as long as I can, rest, drink water, go again, repeat), then some arm work with dumbbells and resistance bands, Ab Solution (free gift from Shape magazine), 8 Minutes to Slim (from Self.com) and then a 30 minute walk to burn at least 200 calories.

Then every Wednesday, I take an hour long Turbo Kick class.
  • HOSED49
    Options
    You already have muscle, you use it everyday, once you drop enough bodyfat ,wether using weights or running, doing DVD's etc...your muscles will show, its just a matter of dropping bodyfat. Dont be afraid of it, no one turns into a bodybuilder overnight with ripped everything. But progress in weight loss is essentially dropping bodyfat to be leaner and weigh less which in turn will show muscle.
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I do Leslie Sansone works outs, I try for everyday. Then I walk, take my kids to the park or just walk around.
    I plan on starting C25K soon.