Blueberry Yogurt??

Options
thirtyby40
thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
Anyone have an idea of what I should do with all the blueberry yogurt I have in my fridge? Everyone hates it in my house but I think if I can disguise it as something else I could get it eaten up. (It is the left over from the 3- 24 assorted packs I purchased last week , so I think I have 18 individual containers in all) The key here is hiding the blueberry flavoring.

Replies

• Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    put it in a smoothies? I usually use plain greek yogurt in a smoothie bc you cant taste it anyway, but if your trying to get rid of it...
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Freeze it, it always tastes better frozen.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    How about a smoothie? I use up the containers of the flavors that aren't that popular in our house, by throwing them in smoothies. I just had whatever fruit I have on hand, some ice (I like my thick like a milkshake) and maybe some V8 Fusion or other fruit juice instead of Almond or soy milk........HTH
  • olney75
    olney75 Posts: 36
    Options
    i read in cosmo if you put blueberry yogurt in light colored hai it'll give you a red hue. lol in case you wanted to know
  • thirtyby40
    thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I will try smoothies. I guess bananas and strawberries would probably cover the taste. I think I will try freezing a couple too, the little ones would like that I am sure.

As for the hair, if I weren't a brunette that may have been an interesting option. :laugh:
  • ryoung25
    ryoung25 Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree. A smoothie is a great way to "use" up the yogurt and a great way to eat your fruits.

i agree with Jes21sica about greek yogurt. Greek yogurt has a thicker consistency than regular yogurt but it has more protein and less sugar. It is more expensive than regular yogurt, but i think it is worth it due to the taste, extra protein and lower sugar.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    pineapple & blueberry go very well together and pineapple has a pretty strong taste...maybe try throwing a smoothie together and putting two times more pineapple than bluberry?
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Use it in baking! :smile: It works great!

Use it instead of milk, for example in a healthy muffin recipe, make a few batches and freeze them for an occasional breakfast treat with some cottage cheese on the side to fill you up! I use yogurt all the time in baking. Although I'm surprised no one likes it in your family-- it's my favorite kind. :laugh: unless it's artificially flavored. I don't buy that kind. :noway: As for muffin recipe, find a healthy one, use half the sugar, and preferably brown, not refined. Same with flour-- use good quality stuff, so the muffins are healthy, not the terrible carb and sugar bomb. :tongue:

Smoothies, as many have mentioned above, is also a great idea! Add some frozen berries that you like, or some bananas, and the blueberry flavor most likely will be gone.