Work out or stay home?

Options
I normally work out 6 days a week and try to include 45 minutes to an hour in each of those workouts. Right now I've been working out in the fields at a farm and have been walking anywhere from to 10 to 15 miles a day (in boots of course). By the end of the day, my feet and legs are so tired from walking that I have 0 motivation to go to the gym. I should also note that I carry a spraying backpack the entire time so my shoulders are also pretty sore. My question is, are the amount of calories I'm burning with that much walking during the day at least close to what I would burn from a 90 minute workout session? Should i stay or should I go?

Thanks.

Replies

• BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, listening to your body is the most important thing. Pushing through lack of mental motivation or a kinda sleepy/lazy day is one thing. But if you've physically exhausted your body and made yourself sore from other physical labor/activities, then to me you need to respect that and give your muscles a chance to rest - 10 to 15 miles a day carrying a load is quite a bit of activity. If mentally you really want to go to the gym, maybe go and just do a light walk on the treadmill or ride on the bike.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Burned calories are burned calories. That is an active day. I skip my work outs on Saturday sometimes when I am out clearing brush or working outside. I have a bodymedia core and I log in more calories burned working outside than I do during my workouts. So it really depends on if you have the energy for a good workout. ( I do my work outs first thing in the morning so that I won't talk myself out of them at the end of the day.)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Personally I would still go. You are still burning calories throughout the day but I love the feeling of a good workout.

I would go do a workout... maybe not a 90 minute workout but I would do something.