shopping for shorts NSV

Options
tartsul
tartsul Posts: 298 Member
i've lost some weight since last summer, and it's starting to get hot here in central texas, so i decided to go shorts shopping after work today. i've been kinda discouraged lately, i've been unmotivated and haven't been as strict with my eating or my working out. FYI i'm at maintenance calorie wise and i have been doing strength training plus some cardio. i do weigh myself on a regular basis but i try to pay more attention to how clothes fit me. my clothes have been fitting just fine lately, so i wasn't too too worried. i went to the gap to look since their clothes usually fit me really well/look appropriate for a 28 year old. i grabbed a couple pairs of shorts in a size 2, which i've been totally thrilled to be wearing since january (i've never been super heavy, but i was a 13 in high school and an 8ish in college, 4-6 in the several years after). boy, was i surprised. the 2s looked kinda baggy/sloppy. so i went and grabbed a 0. a size ZERO. are you kidding me? they fit. even a little bit loose. do i dare try the 00??? i decided to give it a go. and they went on easily. DOUBLE ZERO? i was stunned. i took a few pictures of myself in them (including the label saying "00"). looking at the photos, i decided that they fit/were doable but i would be more comfortable in the 0. so... i got two pairs of size 0 shorts. size 0!!!!! one navy, one bright pink! i am definitely thinking it's got to be vanity sizing at least in part... but hey, it sure felt good to have a little ego boost. this is definitely helping me feel more motivated to keep it up with my healthier habits. YAY! oh and i'd post pictures, but i have no clue how...

Replies

• belliebean17
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Good Job!! :D
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That is a HUGE NSV! Way to go, girl!
  • agbaeb
    agbaeb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    BTW... your post showed up on the right for Top Forum Discussions. :)
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    cool :) although i'm not sure why, i don't think anyone read it!
  • Fabu_lass
    Fabu_lass Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    that's a great NSV, shorts in 00, way to go tartsul
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!