whats your protein powder?

Options

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,303 Member
    Options
    Yep unflavored.

Also, I sometimes do not trust the nutrition labels on these things. Especially if you buy at GNC, their tubs are sealed with plastic but once you open it, the cardboard seal is often unattached.
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Bulk Nutrients WPC Chocolate + Vanilla
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I just bought muscle milk for the first time ever..

Wow.. i looked at that vega stuff.. so expensive!!
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    This local health food store down my street sells Bluebonnet Dual Action Whey + Casein in a chocolate flavor as well as just a whey protein powder in a few flavors that isn't too bad. I like to shop local to help out the little businesses, and that's all they sell, and not a bad price either.
  • ryank81283
    Options
    Optimum Nutrtion Gold Standard Whey is considered one of best for weight lifters
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    why would you want unflavored???
  • x_JT_x
    x_JT_x Posts: 364
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I will be looking up the ones on here that I don't already know about, I am looking for one without artificial sweetener and dang that is hard to find. Right now I use EAS choc soy.

Protein powders without artificial sweeteners are VERY hard to find. I can't have sucralose - it reacts with medication I take and my body just can't tolerate it - so finding a powder without it has been tough. Just discovered Jay Robb the other day. No sucralose and tastes pretty good. It's a bit pricey but worth it to me.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    It would be more helpful if people posting protein versus calories for 1 serving.. I just realized that the stuff i bought has less by half protein then the store brand I bought previously.. I'll be getting exchanging it tomorrow.. oh yea..
  • djames92
    Options
    always gotta read the label!
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Because I don't like the taste of most protein powders that I've tried.
  • djames92
    Options
    gotta shop around and see whats good :)
  • Razzlebari
    Razzlebari Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I love Aria protein ($10 at Trader Joe's), but I just started an elimination diet (no dairy, gluten, soy, eggs, alcohol, chocolate, caffeine, refined sugars or artificial sweeteners) and my dietitian recommended Rainbow Light. Bought a bag today, going to try it out tomorrow morning!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    True Nutrition Vegan Optimizer - a hemp, rice, pea hemp blend
  • suzzann666
    suzzann666 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    So I have a bit of a problem! Currently using muscletech chocolate and vanilla whey, muscle milk premixed chocolate, and just got GNC chocolate casein yesterday...yes...I like variety! On the lookout for some cookies and cream action!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I will be looking up the ones on here that I don't already know about, I am looking for one without artificial sweetener and dang that is hard to find. Right now I use EAS choc soy.

You can order custom flavors, nutritional additives, and sweeteners from True Nutrition.
  • nytefalle
    nytefalle Posts: 63
    Options

Protein powders without artificial sweeteners are VERY hard to find. I can't have sucralose - it reacts with medication I take and my body just can't tolerate it - so finding a powder without it has been tough. Just discovered Jay Robb the other day. No sucralose and tastes pretty good. It's a bit pricey but worth it to me.

Pure Protein Whey Body Shaping Formula in Vanilla Cream. It doesn't have a huge amount of protein (15g/100 calories), but I like that it doesn't have artificial flavors or sweeteners (fructose & stevia extract). It actually tastes pretty good (for a protein powder) and makes ridiculously good shakes when you add cottage cheese and a pinch of xanthan gum.

I use it to supplement my calories to get myself out of starvation range since I would eat 1200 total calories/day if I was lucky. I'll be using this powder for a while because I have a ton of it. Walmart clearanced it for $2.50/14oz can and I bought ALL of them :blushing:
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    GNC unflavored whey protein powder
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Because I don't like the taste of most protein powders that I've tried.

Bc I'm not on board with the added sugar or artifial sweeteners.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I am liking gnc soy 95 but I think it's being replace with soy 100. Same thing pretty much. Tried body fortress, didn't like, tried dessert protein...it tasted good but turns out I can't have anything with casien. Tried "raw" protein and vega smoothie protein and spirutien. Didn't like. And "raw" made my tummy hurt too.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Musclemeds carnivor...... allergic to whey