Very personal question, please help?

Options
So, this is kinda embarrassing guise. But, no matter how healthy I eat, I'm always gassy :embarassed:

Does anyone have experience with being that way? Did cutting something out of your diet help alleviate this? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Maybe try Beano or Gas-X?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of fiber? (Just asking, because my husband gets very gassy when he eats a lot of fiber)
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    any time i eat any thing i haven't in a while, or if it had onions or lots of fiber, I'm a fart machine!! Or grease...
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Maybe try Beano or Gas-X?

Well, Beano is for before you eat, and I have no idea what I'm eating that makes me gassy! lol I have tried Gas-X and it works, but I'd rather cut out whatever it is that causes it than take a pill, ya know?
  • lauradawson1123
    Options
    Veggies make you gassy, so good job :)
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of fiber? (Just asking, because my husband gets very gassy when he eats a lot of fiber)

I do take FIber Advance gummies which is 6g of fiber total because...well, I'll leave that part out haha. But it happens when I don't take them as well :L
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Veggies make you gassy, so good job :)

Do they? This is to the point where my stomach feels like it's in knots though.
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Lose the legumes. See how it goes. Take it one step at a time, eliminating suspicious contributors.
  • lauradawson1123
    Options
    Do you also get the runs?
  • Suzannabanana
    Options
    Try eating some probiotic yogurt to help with digestion, might help. You could have some at night or in the morning, or both.
  • freekat
    freekat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you changed your diet? It can sometimes take a while for your body to catch up with more fibre in your diet. I'd suggest lots of water and some time!
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    My gas had gotten so bad last fall that I was in quite a lot of pain. I had to figure something out. I started taking one thing out for a week and seeing if it helped. Turned out my system doesn't like oats on a daily basis. I had be having oats every day mixed with yogurt and fruit for about 6 months. Once I stopped the oats every day the painful gas stopped. As for the every day gas well... sorry still there. It come with the healthy eating I've come to live with.
  • mandif40
    mandif40 Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm glad you have brought it up. I've had the same problem. And the only difference is the healthier eating lifestyle. It comes out one end or the other :blushing: I haven't found anything to combat it yet, but the suggestion for Beano or Gas-X sounds good and I think I'll try that. It certainly couldn't hurt. :embarassed: I just know it has to be from the tomatoes, bell peppers, spinach or carrots. I don't like a lot of fruit, but when I do eat it, oh man! My family hates to be around me!
  • nurse_beck
    nurse_beck Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Eating large amounts of protein will also do this, especially if you aren't getting the protein balanced out with other nutrients.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Protein = FART :embarassed:
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My husband used to be horribly gassy, like you have to leave the house when he farted gassy, then he switched from milk to Lactaid and cut down on his dairy intake and it went away. He still has some that make you gag but it's not several times a day like it used to be. Maybe try that, you could be lactose intolerant. He also had severe cramps whenever he would go #2. Hope this helps.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Too many carbs always gives me gas. To avoid this, I try to get carbs from whole fruits and veggies rather than from refined products.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Are you eating anything with chicory root in it, such as Fiber One bars or Kashi Go Lean?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Short-term, could be a recent change to your diet (like more fiber or more protein). Longer-term, however, could be something like inadequate stomach acid. There's a test for that...or, you could self-experiment and take some HCl capsules (with pepsin) with your meals and see if it helps. (They're relatively cheap.)
  • DalekBrittany
    Options
    Do you also get the runs?

Sometimes, yes :L

I think perhaps it may be the protein as someone suggested. I've been trying very hard to get more protein...today I think I had 52g in lunch alone! But I am not taking a supplement or powder, I'm trying to get it balanced (most of the protein came from the salmon). I also have been eating eggs lately, hard boiled and scrambled, so that's a contributor.

It has not been long at all, my fiance and I started getting serious on Monday, and I figured I'd be LESS gassy lol--boy was I wrong!