Dressing Packs On The Calories

Options
We all know that if you have a salad, you most likely want to have dressing on it.But in each tablespoon are so many calories! So I know there are healthy choices and "light" salad dressings. What are your favorites?!

Replies

• TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    We all know that if you have a salad, you most likely want to have dressing on it.But in each tablespoon are so many calories! So I know there are healthy choices and "light" salad dressings. What are your favorites?!

I use dressings from the Kraft Free line. My favorite is the French dressing; it has 45 calories for two tablespoons and is fat free, and two tablespoons of dressing is more than enough for a moderately sized salad.
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I personally like fresh squeezed lemon juice and a teaspoon of olive oil. I don't use salad dressing at all. The light and fat free ones have to much sugar anyway.
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    salad spritzers!!! check them out they're awesome!
  • gglenn
    gglenn Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I like the Wishbone Spritzers - 10 sprays = 10 calories. Honey Mustard is my favorite.
  • NMorse1907
    NMorse1907 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I love Marie's Raspberry Vinaigrette. It's the only dressing I use and it's only 50 calories for 2 tablespoons!
  • perrim
    perrim Posts: 117
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's, I LOVE the spicy thai peanut dressing. It's not low fat or low calorie. It's 70 calories per serving (2 tbs), but I feel like it goes a long way and it makes my salads my favorite food I eat in a day. I LOVE my salads and it's mostly because of the dressing. And of course, I actually measure it out every time to make sure I don't overdo it. Most regular dressings have 100-120 calories for the same amount, so I feel like this one is at least a little better than most. It's in the refrigerated section by the salads.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    I personally like fresh squeezed lemon juice and a teaspoon of olive oil. I don't use salad dressing at all. The light and fat free ones have to much sugar anyway.

Me too. I don't like a lot of dressing getting my salad all soggy. I just like my greens to "glisten" a little bit. One teaspoon of oil (I like olive or sesame) and 2 tsps of something acidic (I like lemon juice, but vinegar is also good) does just the trick for me and is enough to put just a glisten on a whole HEAP of greens! Only about 40-50 calories of good, healthy fat and no added sugars or unrecognizable ingredients.
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    I like Kraft fat free thousand Island dressing. It only has 45 calories for 2 tbsp. I use it sometimes instead of mayo, I put 1 tbspon a chicken or turkey wrap. It's really tasty but so little calories!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

I use dressings from the Kraft Free line. My favorite is the French dressing; it has 45 calories for two tablespoons and is fat free, and two tablespoons of dressing is more than enough for a moderately sized salad.

Ditto
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If I am going for low cal, I do balsamic vinaigrette. It is very tasty and generally lower cal than other choices. I am a girl who can't stand the taste of fat free or low fat salad dressings..... so I either budget enough for regular dressing, do the balsamic vinaigrette thing, or eat the salad dry with either vinegar, lemon juice, cottage cheese, or tuna salad to help choke down the dry lettuce. I think most versions on vinaigrette are going to result in less calories than your typical creamy dressing.
  • Alita2011
    Alita2011 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Kraft free thousand island is my favorite right now!
  • iguanaliz
    iguanaliz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Kraft Light is my current favorite. It's not super low cal, but better than it's full bodied cousin. I have to have creamy dressings, so it's worth it to me to make room for the extra calories. I've also tried most of the Walden Farms fat-free, calorie-free dressings. Some are horrible, but the bacon ranch isn't too awful.