My mom is trying to kill me with Easter candy

Options
I'm getting in better shape. I've done a good job of cutting out junk food by just not having it available. I did inherit a sweet tooth from my mom. Today I just received a box from my mom full of Easter candy. Now there is a million calories of chocolate, jelly beans and other sugary treats taunting me. I have to eat it now, its right in front of me. I can't throw it away, that would be wasteful. I already gave myself a sugar buzz by eating a few pieces.

What am I supposed to do?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Take it to work. That's what I do.
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Regift to someone else take it to school/work and give some away. Or get tiny bags and divide and have only a bag a day and logg ALL calories and enjoy.
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Donate it. Take to wherever you work. Take it to the next potluck/church function/PTA meeting. Whatever.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    If you are trolling .... Then this rely is a figment of your imagination. If not.... Throw that **** so far away you will never find it again... Yes waste it.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    JUST THROW IT OUT!! wasteful.... you'll just be killing someone else if you hand it off.
  • Angylgrrl
    Angylgrrl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Can you bring it to work and share? If there's something you particularly like and enjoy, save that one item and savor it when you eat it. The rest, bring to work for your coworkers. In my experience, if you bring it in, they will eat it. And from then on, you will be the nice one. :wink:
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    regift it or throw it away.

You say throwing it away is wasteful, but is it not wasteful to put it in your body? A waste of calories, a waste of health, a waste of nutrition. Yes, you CAN throw it away. or maybe freeze it for later.
  • Pierced
    Pierced Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Throw it out, take it to work with you tomorrow ( so all your co workers eat it), hide it in the freezer. Out of sight out of mind. Don't allow it to derail you.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Throw it away! When YOU can throw away shyt that is NOT good for you, THEN YOU are in control of YOUR Life...Take Responsibility!

Why do you think SHE gave it to YOU? Because SHE is in control of HER LIFE!

ETA: When i stopped drinking alcohol, I had several bottles of good liquor in My bar...I thought of several people I could give them to BUT I reflected, what if THEY also want to clear this stuff OUT of their lives, am I doing them an injustice, or even, is THIS something/a habit that I believe I should pass on? I DUMPED that shyt in the farthest garbage!
  • djc315
    djc315 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I keep sweets out of sight. My parents also sent me candy, not a whole lot but some, and I put it in the cabinet above my fridge. Out of sight, out of mind. If I want a piece, I take one out and leave the rest. It takes a lot of will power, but if you can fit it in your calories there is no harm in having a piece or two. If you already used your calories for the day and find yourself going into the kitchen for more, get a glass of water and walk out of the kitchen. Go back to what you were doing, if you still want it, get another glass of water. If it fits, go ahead and eat a piece!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Eat it in moderation (a bit late for that today but hey)... Other options... When that happens, you can give it away to others who are not on a restricted intake. Another thing though is a mindset thing... If you cannot control your behavior on that, which is more wasteful? throwing away a pound or so of candy OR destroying your body with massive caloric intake. I am sure your mom meant the best by sending this to you; however, there are those who find out we are trying to take care of ourself and make it their life mission to "remind us what the good things in life are all about"... they don't like seeing us "go overboard on a health kick"... Of course we have to reject that mindset and over come it. Not everybody is on our side in this journey. There are many well-meaning people who have a totally different life view. Best wishes in attaining your goals.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I bought myself multiple chocolate bars at the store today. I just fit a little bit in, when I want to, into my calories. Yum Yum!
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It would be more wasteful to force yourself to eat food that you don't really want to eat (but you're eating it just because it's in front of you) than to throw it out.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Put it in the compost heap or flush it down the toilet :D
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    I gonna have to pawn most it off on coworkers. I'm 31 and she still sends me boxes like this when I'm "out of town" for all holidays.
    If you are trolling ....

What does trolling mean?
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    JUST THROW IT OUT!! wasteful.... you'll just be killing someone else if you hand it off.

This is a bit melodramatic :laugh:

Eat it. Candy is yummy. Make sure it fits into your calories for the day but save some for a bite or two. You are a big girl... you can eat just a few pieces for enjoyment and put the rest away until tomorrow. :drinker:
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Who cares about wasteful? Throw it out! Then have a kind conversation with your mom asking her to send alternatives to candy if she must send something.
  • dirtyd89
    dirtyd89 Posts: 170
    Options
    Throw it away.
    You don't need it.
    Food is short term pleasure while health is long term success.
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else - take it work! That stuff always seems to disappear when nobody is looking.
  • leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    Ok... if you insist.... you can send it to me :love: