Newly healed injury and P90X

red01angel
red01angel Posts: 806 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
Today is my 2nd day of P90X, and I've been trying to complete the plyometric portion of the program.

The problem is that I've JUST been cleared to exercise by my Dr. after suffering a broken foot, and the plyos hurt pretty badly. I don't want to nix the program completely because I know my body can handle everything except the high impact exercise, but what do you guys suggest I do in place of those high impact portions? A long walk? maybe a bike ride?

All suggestions are welcome..especially from beachbody coaches!

Replies

• Mrbackslap
    Mrbackslap Posts: 145
    I did p90x for 2 months lost 20 pounds and got stronger then I broke up with the ex and stopped and gained it all back lol.

But Im also on day 2 of p90x and plyometric is hard I did it but barely I was pooped.
    Its ok to switch it up with something less intense plyometric is more about burning calories if you look at it.
    Switch it with either Cardio X or Kenpo, I like the Kenpo X better.

Yoga is the worst also and I switch up those 2 until my body gets stronger.
    I suggest taking a good daily multi vitamin, Fish oil very good for the joints and a low calorie Whey Protein.
    Trust me on the whey protein girls think it will make them all bulky but its not true, it will help you recover faster.

Dont go to hard on that foot you might really put yourself out of the competition.

But yea I'd go with kenpo X until your 100%

Remember the guy with 1 leg can do it too lol but just get stronger first and try it again on week 3. trust me
This discussion has been closed.