I hate strength training!! but i don"t want to be skinny-fat

Options
2»

Replies

• angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! I need to come back later and read all the posts!:heart:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Making exercise fun is not an easy task, especially weight training. If you want to take the guesswork out and follow a dvd, then I would recommend 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. You don't need much for her workouts, there are only 3, just some dumbells and a workout/yoga mat. I used 5lb or 10lb dumbells for the workouts and I noticed a huge difference between them. On some workouts I was screaming at the TV because I was feeling the burn. The workouts are 27 minutes in length, including the warm-up & cooldown. You stick to level 1 for ~10 days then move onto level 2 for ~10 days and then level 3 for the last ~10 days. Some people have had difficulty following her workouts everyday so you could do it every other day. I completed level 3 of her workout in March and now I'm doing P90X. I almost forgot to add, but the level 1 workout can be found on YouTube. I'm not sure about the other levels, but you could at least give it a shot :)

All 3 levels are on you tube. I highly recommend Jillian Michael's! I have been doing her "ripped in 30" but I just started "30 day shred" and I am feeling the burn! I love that you get cardio and build muscle! I feel and SEE the difference in my body! Yay! Good luck!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I began my love of heavy lifting with Crossfit. I had a great instructor who taught me a lot. Now I don't advocate EVERYTHING Crossfit does (i.e. the big cement balls, I just don't get that) but a lot of it I have incorporated into my own routines. I also really liked The New Rules of Lifting for Women, I learned a lot and had a lot of great gains from the program.

I think back to when I used to do only cardio and light weights (DVDs) and I am so happy I switched to heavy lifting, it is more fun and my body looks a heck of a lot better!!! Plus I can eat a ton more without gaining weight also. Score!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Making exercise fun is not an easy task, especially weight training. If you want to take the guesswork out and follow a dvd, then I would recommend 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels. You don't need much for her workouts, there are only 3, just some dumbells and a workout/yoga mat. I used 5lb or 10lb dumbells for the workouts and I noticed a huge difference between them. On some workouts I was screaming at the TV because I was feeling the burn. The workouts are 27 minutes in length, including the warm-up & cooldown. You stick to level 1 for ~10 days then move onto level 2 for ~10 days and then level 3 for the last ~10 days. Some people have had difficulty following her workouts everyday so you could do it every other day. I completed level 3 of her workout in March and now I'm doing P90X. I almost forgot to add, but the level 1 workout can be found on YouTube. I'm not sure about the other levels, but you could at least give it a shot :)

All 3 levels are on you tube. I highly recommend Jillian Michael's! I have been doing her "ripped in 30" but I just started "30 day shred" and I am feeling the burn! I love that you get cardio and build muscle! I feel and SEE the difference in my body! Yay! Good luck!

That is not strength training. And you don't build muscle doing 30DS. It's cardio with weights. That's it.
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    Options
    Lots of great suggestions. I appreciate it. I'll defiantly be looking into some of them and see what works best for ne.

Thanks everyone :)