Skectchers Shape-ups or Reebok Easytone - Do they work?

Options
Hey all,

Debating on getting a pair of the new shape-up / tone shoes. Wanted to get some feedback - anyone try these yet ? Do they work and can you exercise in them too ?

Thanks.

Replies

• carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am skeptical, especially about using them during a workout (no idea if they are good for your feet!), but if you get some, I would go with the Reebok version.... just because they look way less dorky!!
  • klstanle
    klstanle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Easytone... for just everyday walking around... I can def feel my legs getting a workout when i'm walking in them.
  • fitzio1015
    fitzio1015 Posts: 168
    Options
    i know a couple people that use them... They say the first day after you use them you can feel the muscles burning...but after that nothing..... My guess is.... If they are makin you burn your going to walk different so that doesn't happen.... so i would say no....

I would not use them to work out in...they are really high and i know i personally would kill myself or my ankles...

Hope this helps...

If you really want to try them danskin makes a pair thats only around $20...found at walmart
  • jolguin87
    jolguin87 Posts: 7
    Options
    My friend works at famous footwear and he said if you just work out and eat right you can get better results so he said dont waste your money.
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I know a lady that would wear these around the house while doing her usual chores and she lost 14lbs....not sure in what time span but she definitely says they work
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    They are so pricey I think I will have to wait anyway - maybe I can find a deal on ebay :)
  • cheeriokeeper43
    Options
    I have Sketchers Shape Ups, Sketchers tone ups(sandals) and the Bath and Body works houseshoes. I doubt they have made me lose any weight. But my feet never!! hurt even after wearing them all day. I have bone spurs and my feet use to burn so badly at the end of the day( I am a SAHM) that I could not stand the pain.
    Dorky looking or not, and I did pay 100 for the shoes and 40 for the sandals, the look and the cost don't compare to my feet no longer hurting. Not having the pain is priceless. Several of the nurses and home health care around here are wearing them.

I know Dr. Oz says he wears them in the ER.
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    I do like the flip flops and with summer coming I will likely wear them more than gym shoes.
  • lorivent1
    lorivent1 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have the Sketchers shoe. When you wear them you really feel it in your legs.
  • oceans
    oceans Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've worn the EasyTones for 2 weeks now when I walk (45-60min). It really makes the walk much more intense. They aren't bad looking and as far as balance, I haven't had a problem. They are pricey though - takes care of a 100 bill. I think it works out the gluts much more than my normal work out shoe.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The marketing campaign for these shoes just annoys the hell out of me.

You can buy them, your muscles will get sore because your walking mechanics will change, and then those muscles will get used to the new mechanics, and after the adjustment peroid these shoes are just that...shoes.

So, if you you're going to get them, you better like them for the price, you better like them for the style, but don't buy them if you think they are going to be the magic pill for your fat loss. There is still only one process that works for that.