Question about a food not listed

Hi! Entering my fourth day...and I'm doing really pretty good!
But on to my question. My daughter surprised me with a firehouse sub last night...I do love them, and it was a half of sub....turkey with oil and vinegar, a little mayo and two slices of cheese (which she did ask to leave off....and I COULD have taken it off....but....... :tongue: ) and that was it....Now I do know I could try to figure out the calories seperately, but is there an easier way that anyone knows? I looked it up...and the firehouse subs arelisted by their menu names...and I don't know what the turkey is called.
I know different ways to do it...but what do most of you do? (By the way, I will call and get the info, so I can eventually list it for others...) But what do you do when you eat something...that you DON'T have the info for....?? Guess? Choose something close? THANKS!!! You are all so GREAT!

Replies

• Carolwd
    Carolwd Posts: 18
    Hi! Entering my fourth day...and I'm doing really pretty good!
    But on to my question. My daughter surprised me with a firehouse sub last night...I do love them, and it was a half of sub....turkey with oil and vinegar, a little mayo and two slices of cheese (which she did ask to leave off....and I COULD have taken it off....but....... :tongue: ) and that was it....Now I do know I could try to figure out the calories seperately, but is there an easier way that anyone knows? I looked it up...and the firehouse subs arelisted by their menu names...and I don't know what the turkey is called.
    I know different ways to do it...but what do most of you do? (By the way, I will call and get the info, so I can eventually list it for others...) But what do you do when you eat something...that you DON'T have the info for....?? Guess? Choose something close? THANKS!!! You are all so GREAT!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    It's hard when eating out and there's no nutritional info available. I first google it, because there are lots of sites out there that might have it. Next preference is to choose something close, and last I'll guess. I'm even guilty, if I know I'm eating out that night, of exercising a lot so I have a lot of calories for dinner. Then, I say whatever I ate was exactly the amount of calories I had left for dinner!! :embarassed: (I try not to do that very often, no more than once a week).

Welcome to the site!
  • SuniBC
    SuniBC Posts: 92
    Hi Carol....

Found nutrition chart for Firehouse here:

http://www.firehousesubs.com/docs/Firehouse_Subs_Nutritional_Information.pdf

Hope this helps. Will check in with you by email tomorrow after I weigh.

SuniBC:flowerforyou:
  • Carolwd
    Carolwd Posts: 18
    THANKS! Going out to get a scale today....:o)