What do you guys think of cup a soups?!

Options
Thanks!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    I think they taste bad and are of little nutritional value and therefore avoid.

But if you like 'em, then drink up.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    Love soup but the SODIUMMMMMMMMMMM! killer.
  • kathicooks
    kathicooks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For me, too much sodium and too many carbs (Type 2 diabetic). If you want something warm and soothing, I'd stick with herbal tea in various flavors. If you are looking for convenience, there are some healthy canned soups that offer more healthy options. If you have a fridge and microwave at work or school, leftovers and home made trumps all!
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    They're revolting.

You can get sachets of Heinz soup concentrate over here (UK) that you put in a mug and add hot water too. They're nowhere near as bad. If you're in need of hot soup and have only got a kettle.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I like them, especially days like this when its cold and wet

Feels you up too, I like the ones with croutons/noodles in!!
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    :sick:

Nope
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I like them! They are pretty awful but there is something about having a nice warm cuppa with croutons in on a cold day.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Country Cup tom yum is one of my favourite snacks. Some can be high cal for little return. in the end, IIFYM.
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm not willing to waste half of my daily allowance of sodium to one can of soup.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Way too high in sodium.
    I make a big pot of homemade soup on weekends. Freeze in individual portions. Much tastier and better for you.
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just think they're pointless. I'd rather get a sachet of instant miso soup, better for you, only 50 calories and if you mix it up at home you can add chicken or shellfish to it and warm them up in the microwave at work. much better for you, more filling and has the brilliance of seaweed added!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    A whole CAN of Heinz Minestrone soup in the UK is only 120 calories, high in protein ( and sodium) compared to a sachet of dehydrated Bachelors Tomato and vegetable soup which is roughly the same amount of calories.

The canned soup will keep you fuller for longer.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Too much sodium, no nutritional value. No thanks!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I like them, especially days like this when its cold and wet

Feels you up too, I like the ones with croutons/noodles in!!
    I'd love a soup that feels me up!
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    cup-a-soup is not food.
  • MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Ewwwww no, no, no. Soup isn't something that comes dried in a packet. Soup is something that, at best, is made from a good stock of meat or fish bones with good, fresh ingredients added and at worst is one of the freshly made soups you find in the chilled cabinets of supermarkets (and these days, most of those are pretty good and don't have added crappage.)
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Love home made soup best. Cup-a-Soup for work though and I like em :bigsmile: Though as many folk have mentioned, the sodium count is a killer!
  • buffyfan22
    Options
    Bad! I was browsing the grocery store and thought that'd be great for my diet. Nope! 1,001 sodium... In that small cup!
  • halflife1978
    halflife1978 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The amount of salt makes me feel terrible. I usually get a canned soup and then water it down a little more. Or the low sodium variety. I love the Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup but I can turn one portion into 2 by adding more water and diluting that a bit.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I'm about to have a tomato Cup-a-soup right now! Fair do, no nutritional value whatsoever, but I'm not drinking it for that!