DO YOU HAVE TO HURT AFTER A WORKOUT. . . .

2»

Replies

• gmove
    gmove Posts: 81 Member
    DOMS?

I, too, rarely ever feel sore. I thought I wasn't going at it hard enough, but after 30 days of sore-free exercise, a 10 pd loss, and increased strength, I stopped worrying about it.

;D

Plus, I don't know about you, but in the past when I was ridiculously sore, a week or more would pass before my next workout.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    No.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    I usually get DOMS later....
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member

Again, soreness IS NOT an indicator of a good workout! Your body is smart; it will eventually adapt to the stresses you put it through. When it does, your DOMS will be less or none at all. There's many factors that play into it - stretching, post-exercise nutrition, age, adaptation, etc.

/thread
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member

Again, soreness IS NOT an indicator of a good workout! Your body is smart; it will eventually adapt to the stresses you put it through. When it does, your DOMS will be less or none at all. There's many factors that play into it - stretching, post-exercise nutrition, age, adaptation, etc.

QFT

When I first started lifting, I did have DOMS for the first few weeks. Now, the only time it happens is if I'm switching up, and even then it's pretty light and goes away quickly.

I recently started hiking season again, and the day after my first long hike (we are talking 3 hours, with elevation changes) I was sore on the front of my lower legs. That was it, it was gone that evening and even adding distance onto my hikes hasn't brought them back. The wonders of conditioning.