JUST DESSERTS

Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
edited September 20 in Recipes
I need a knock 'em dead dessert recipe that is healthy. We are having a friendly little contest at work and I'm fishing for new ideas...so telling me your favorite Deadly Decadent Dessert!

Replies

• themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    I have a fantastic dessert, although not sure about how healthy it really is, but I'm sure it could be made very healthy. Msg me if you'd like the recipe. I can tell you, I am always asked to bring it everytime I go somewhere... :wink:
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    Papaya Lime Strudel

2 ripe papayas, peeled, seeded and coarsely choppped (2 cups)
    1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
    1 tbsp. lime juice
    1 tbsp. honey
    8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
    1/2 cup finely crushed gingershap cookies (about 8 cookies)
    powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375*F. Lightly coat a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
    Combine the papayas, lime juice, lime peel and honey in a medium bowl; set aside.
    Spray one sheet of phyllo with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with about a tbsp of the crushed cookies. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top of first sheet. Repeat coating and sprinkling with crumbs on remaining sheets of phyllo, ending with layer of cookie crumbs.
    Spoon papaya mixture onto the phyllo stack, leaving a 2 inch border on all sides. Fold the long edges of the phyllo stack up over filling, then fold in the short sides. Roll up from one long side into a cylinder. Carefully lift cylinder and place it, seam side down, onto prepared cookie sheet. Lightly coat the top with nonstick cooking spray. Score into 10 slices, cutting only through the top layer of phyllo, about 1/8 inch deep.
    Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm.

Calories 90 cal
    Protein 1 g
    Fat 1 g
    Carbohydrate 18 g
    Sodium 107 mg
    Cholesterol 2 mg
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Frozen Raspberrie Pie

Crust
    32 chocolate wafers, (about 6 1/2 ounce), plus 1 for garnish
    1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    2 tablespoons skim milk
    1 tablespoon butter
    Filling
    3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 large egg whites, at room temperature (see Tip)
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preparation
    1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
    2.To prepare crust: Process 32 choc. wafers, confectioners' sugar, oil, milk and butter in a food processor until finely ground. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan, creating an even, dense crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour, pressing any puffed parts of the crust back into the pan.
    3.To prepare filling: Meanwhile, puree raspberries, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula to extract the juice; discard seeds.
    4.Bring 1 inch of water to a slow simmer in a large saucepan. Combine egg whites, granulated sugar and cream of tartar in a 3-quart stainless-steel bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Set the bowl over the simmering water and continue to beat on medium speed, moving the mixer around, until the mixture is glossy and thick, about 3 1/2 minutes. Increase the speed to high, and continue beating over the simmering water until very stiff and glossy, about 3 1/2 minutes more (the eggs will be at a safe temperature, 160°F, at this point). Remove from the heat (be careful of the escaping steam) and continue beating on medium speed until room temperature, 3 to 5 minutes.
    5.Fold the raspberry puree into the meringue until combined. Pour the raspberry filling into the pie crust; crumble the remaining chocolate wafer over the top. Place the pie on a level surface in your freezer and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 10 minutes, before slicing.

220 calories 7 fat 37 carbs 3 protien 4 fiber

Very YUMMY!!
    Good Luck
  • Breckgirl
    Papaya Lime Strudel

2 ripe papayas, peeled, seeded and coarsely choppped (2 cups)
    1/2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
    1 tbsp. lime juice
    1 tbsp. honey
    8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
    1/2 cup finely crushed gingershap cookies (about 8 cookies)
    powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 375*F. Lightly coat a cooking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
    Combine the papayas, lime juice, lime peel and honey in a medium bowl; set aside.
    Spray one sheet of phyllo with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with about a tbsp of the crushed cookies. Place a second sheet of phyllo on top of first sheet. Repeat coating and sprinkling with crumbs on remaining sheets of phyllo, ending with layer of cookie crumbs.
    Spoon papaya mixture onto the phyllo stack, leaving a 2 inch border on all sides. Fold the long edges of the phyllo stack up over filling, then fold in the short sides. Roll up from one long side into a cylinder. Carefully lift cylinder and place it, seam side down, onto prepared cookie sheet. Lightly coat the top with nonstick cooking spray. Score into 10 slices, cutting only through the top layer of phyllo, about 1/8 inch deep.
    Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Serve warm.

Calories 90 cal
    Protein 1 g
    Fat 1 g
    Carbohydrate 18 g
    Sodium 107 mg
    Cholesterol 2 mg

Oh this sounds yummy and I have phyllo dough at home!
  • Breckgirl
    Frozen Raspberrie Pie

Crust
    32 chocolate wafers, (about 6 1/2 ounce), plus 1 for garnish
    1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
    2 tablespoons canola oil
    2 tablespoons skim milk
    1 tablespoon butter
    Filling
    3 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen (thawed)
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2 large egg whites, at room temperature (see Tip)
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar

Preparation
    1.Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
    2.To prepare crust: Process 32 choc. wafers, confectioners' sugar, oil, milk and butter in a food processor until finely ground. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan, creating an even, dense crust. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack to room temperature, about 1 hour, pressing any puffed parts of the crust back into the pan.
    3.To prepare filling: Meanwhile, puree raspberries, lemon juice and salt in a blender or food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, pressing with a rubber spatula to extract the juice; discard seeds.
    4.Bring 1 inch of water to a slow simmer in a large saucepan. Combine egg whites, granulated sugar and cream of tartar in a 3-quart stainless-steel bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until foamy. Set the bowl over the simmering water and continue to beat on medium speed, moving the mixer around, until the mixture is glossy and thick, about 3 1/2 minutes. Increase the speed to high, and continue beating over the simmering water until very stiff and glossy, about 3 1/2 minutes more (the eggs will be at a safe temperature, 160°F, at this point). Remove from the heat (be careful of the escaping steam) and continue beating on medium speed until room temperature, 3 to 5 minutes.
    5.Fold the raspberry puree into the meringue until combined. Pour the raspberry filling into the pie crust; crumble the remaining chocolate wafer over the top. Place the pie on a level surface in your freezer and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours. To serve, let the pie stand at room temperature until softened slightly, about 10 minutes, before slicing.

220 calories 7 fat 37 carbs 3 protien 4 fiber

Very YUMMY!!
    Good Luck
    What kind of chocolate waffers do you use? I'm goint to have to have a party this week end to try all of these dessert out! YUMMMMMM!
  • arfrazee
    arfrazee Posts: 518
    So do you just have to bring the written recipe for the contest, or actually MAKE it?
This discussion has been closed.