Thinking about reducing cals but not sure. Thoughts?

Options
The past week I have typically been around 100 calories under my goal. I haven't really been that active and definitely not that hungry. I was thinking about reducing my calories from 1600 a day to 1400 a day. What do you guys think? Is that too few. When I do excersize I almost always eat back all my calories. I have been eating healthier (salads and fruits and veggies as snacks..) and am going to attempt to cut out my one main weakness (I have the BIGGEST sweet tooth) this week and the other junk foods the week after.
My sleep pattern has also had a forced change. My bf recently got switched to night shift (I really hate this company he works or but that is a story for another time) and because of a rather bizarre living situation (also another story for a later date) my bf doesn't want me sleeping alone unguarded. (He doesn't think my "attack cat" is good enough lol) so I have to stay up til he gets home (10pm-8am is his shift) so I don't really know if this will affect my weight loss or not. I average about 4-5 hrs sleep when I use to get 8-10.

So my question is (after an excessive ramble, this is the sixth day in a row of living on coffee and expresso beans to stay awake... My body aches and I'm jittery) will lowering my calories be a bad thing? Is my screwed up sleep pattern gonna do anything negative as well? Thanks in advance.

Replies