Are you eating a decent, high protein, low fat, clean diet??

Options
McButtski
McButtski Posts: 203 Member
If the answer is yes... could I be really really nosy and have a gander at your food diary please?? I need some inspiration / ideas / a rough starting point / a good owl fashion nose through your life.. :flowerforyou:

If the answer is no, come sit beside me, tis well comfy.

Replies

• leighann881
    leighann881 Posts: 371
    Options
    I eat 40/30/30. You are welcome to take a look. It's not "clean" but I have consistently met my weekly goals and I look forward to eating. (Yesterday was off a bit but the rest is pretty typical for me)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    No idea why anyone would eat a low fat diet. Fat is delicious, healthy, and filling. Helps keep you regular, helps maintain hormone levels, etc.
  • jcartwright2008
    jcartwright2008 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    As much as possible, you're welcome to take a look at mine. Feel free to send me a friend request too :flowerforyou:
  • rusty1257
    rusty1257 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Heck no! Low fat leaves me hungry.
  • JennChamb
    JennChamb Posts: 55
    Options
    Pulling up a chair....

Lol seriously though mine isn't a good one to gander at. I'm breastfeeding and eat pretty much anything in sight. Although I do try to make healthy choices when possible.
  • McButtski
    Options
    Yeah jonny, ok, those eating a 'low amount of bad / unhealthy saturated trans fats' in their diet please reply..

OH! and low levels of pedantic tendencies would be great too!!! :wink:

Thanks Leighann, will have a look now!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

:laugh: :heart: :heart:
  • McButtski
    Options
    Thanks jcartright and Jenn, you're very helpful :smile:
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Yeah jonny, ok, those eating a 'low amount of bad / unhealthy saturated trans fats' in their diet please reply..

Saturated fats aren't unhealthy either! Look at the benefits of things like coconut oil, which is almost pure saturated fat.

Trans fats are definitely bad though.
  • JennChamb
    Options
    Thanks jcartright and Jenn, you're very helpful :smile:

Yeah... I know :tongue: I can't say "I just lost 30lb in two months since birth by stuffing my face and breastfeeding" since it wouldn't help you much. But I can say I am doing the C25K too? Hehe
  • McButtski
    Options

Saturated fats aren't unhealthy either! Look at the benefits of things like coconut oil, which is almost pure saturated fat.

Yup yup.. I drink coconut water, I cook with coconut oil, I rub coconut oil all over myself daily. Either show me your Godforsaken healthy diet diary and leave the thread title alone or go away pedant before I bite you!
  • McButtski
    Options
    Oh I wasn't being sarcastic Jennychamb, you really are being helpful, if I get even a couple of new foods to add to my diary, I'll be absolutely chuffed!! Am jealous though, I never lost any weight while breastfeeding.. like none, nada.. :noway:
  • RosieStringer9
    RosieStringer9 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not so much low fat... but learning to eat cleaner. My diary is public! I am not so great with keeping up with it but anyone is welcome to check it out.
  • jonnythan
    Options

Yup yup.. I drink coconut water, I cook with coconut oil, I rub coconut oil all over myself daily. Either show me your Godforsaken healthy diet diary and leave the thread title alone or go away pedant before I bite you!

My diary is open. I consider it healthy, but it is certainly not low fat. It is high in protein, and very high in deliciousness.
  • JGainingHealth
    JGainingHealth Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends. I eat pretty healthy if you want to friend me and take a gander. :)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    If the answer is yes... could I be really really nosy and have a gander at your food diary please?? I need some inspiration / ideas / a rough starting point / a good owl fashion nose through your life.. :flowerforyou:

just be careful you don't go too low-fat, as that can really hinder your progress.

the body needs fat.

i don't eat low fat by any stretch, but it's clean if you wanna peruse for ideas.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

My diary is open. I consider it healthy, but it is certainly not low fat. It is high in protein, and very high in deliciousness.

lollerz.

don't really think this is what she's looking for brohan.
  • McButtski
    Options
    Thanks very much lads, loads of reading to do later, have had a quick look but nothing serious :happy:

Although had a quick browse through your recent diary Johnny.. Taco Bell, McDonalds, Dunkin' Doughnuts.... I can't afford to eat as healthy as you!! :tongue:

Kidding, will have a proper look after although I find a lot of the diaries difficult to decipher really, it's just that we don't have a quarter of the brands here that you do in the US so it's hard to know what's plain and what has additives / extras or what is pre-cooked etc. anyway, I'll get there!

Thanks again, much appreciated!
  • JennChamb
    Options
    Oh I wasn't being sarcastic Jennychamb, you really are being helpful, if I get even a couple of new foods to add to my diary, I'll be absolutely chuffed!! Am jealous though, I never lost any weight while breastfeeding.. like none, nada.. :noway:

My first two I lost mada myself. Zip. Zilch. Like 10lb after birth and that was it!! I was angry at the "breastfeeding causes you to lose so much weight!" because it didn't work for me. Then this time I just ate meals and snacks like I had in the hospital after baby was born. It was nuts the weight just fell off! Then I realized my mistake. I wasn't eating enough before. So this time I eat 2000+ calories as often as I can. At 2mth pp I'm 30lb down from birth! Crazy. Now I know the secret. Lol
    Feel free to follow what I eat. I'm constantly cooking. If you see a meal or item that looks good ask. I'll share my recipes too :)
  • sitastar2004
    sitastar2004 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    What exactly is a clean diet?