Clothes Shopping, an actual "Yay!" moment

Options
When I was heavier I absolutely *hated shopping for clothes, and tended to just grab T shirts and long skirts - thinking apparently that would help hide whatever body issues I was having. Now that I've lost almost 50 pounds (yay me!!), however, it's a completely different experience. On Saturday I took my 9 yr old to Kohls to get her a pretty dress to wear for Easter, and ended up getting one for myself as well. Wanna know the best part? I fit into the SMALL, which according to their size chart fits between a size 4 and 6. I know it seems silly of me to get that excited about stuff like that, but standing there in that dressing room, it was the first time in years that I felt good about the image looking back at me while shopping for clothes. :*)

In addition to that, on Tuesday I went shopping with a friend of mine, because I'm in dire need of something beyond just T shirts for the upcoming summer, and the pair of shorts that I grabbed (thinking it was a size 8), fit great - and then I realized it was actually a size SIX!

As of today I'm 132 pounds (at 5'5), and I'd like to get down to 120 by July (my two year "anniversary" of when I started weighing myself again/reclaiming my health), but where I am on this journey RIGHT NOW, and in this moment? It totally rocks, it really does. :)

Replies

• omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Not silly AT ALL! Good job!
  • peacelovelose
    peacelovelose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I've noticed shopping becoming slowly less 'traumatic' (haha) for me as well... so happy for you! Good job!
  • The_Transforming_Journey
    Options
    I think that's great! Congrats on your success! :smile:
  • iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Personally I think stories like that are the best part of this journey!!!
  • scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all. Great job!!
  • tessaeve
    tessaeve Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great news! I love shopping now too.
  • eowynmn
    eowynmn Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Not silly at all, sounds fantastic!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I get those moments too now haha. I still hate shopping (my attention span makes me a terrible shopping partner). Congrats to your success (:
  • alglenn2013
    alglenn2013 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I look forward to having those moments. I am just starting out here, but it is the small things like this that give me hope. Congrats!
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    When I was heavier I absolutely *hated shopping for clothes, and tended to just grab T shirts and long skirts - thinking apparently that would help hide whatever body issues I was having. Now that I've lost almost 50 pounds (yay me!!), however, it's a completely different experience. On Saturday I took my 9 yr old to Kohls to get her a pretty dress to wear for Easter, and ended up getting one for myself as well. Wanna know the best part? I fit into the SMALL, which according to their size chart fits between a size 4 and 6. I know it seems silly of me to get that excited about stuff like that, but standing there in that dressing room, it was the first time in years that I felt good about the image looking back at me while shopping for clothes. :*)

In addition to that, on Tuesday I went shopping with a friend of mine, because I'm in dire need of something beyond just T shirts for the upcoming summer, and the pair of shorts that I grabbed (thinking it was a size 8), fit great - and then I realized it was actually a size SIX!

As of today I'm 132 pounds (at 5'5), and I'd like to get down to 120 by July (my two year "anniversary" of when I started weighing myself again/reclaiming my health), but where I am on this journey RIGHT NOW, and in this moment? It totally rocks, it really does. :)

Not silly at all! I went shopping for jeans the other day. I've lost 13 pounds and clothes are fitting NO differently. It's a huge bummer, I left the store crying. Good for you for having a triumph over your previous size! I can't wait until I can post this story.
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ladies, appreciate the encouragement and support!! :)
  • MaureensFreshStart
    MaureensFreshStart Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Good for you for having a triumph over your previous size!

The jeans that I have in my closet right now are size 10, but they're falling off of me, and the belt I wear with them is on the tightest setting - so I grabbed what I thought was an 8 just to see if that might do the trick instead (feeling a little thrill thinking it might!) - when I realized AFTER I put them on that they were actually a size 6 - I almost got a little teary eyed, and then got the biggest smile on my face!! It totally is the little things, and the non scale victories that keep me on this path - especially with swim suit season just around the corner (eeeeek) - for the past few years I've been wearing those matron looking tankini style things - thinking it might be time to look at the one piece cuter ones? Lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!