Peanut Butter

Options
So I'm starting the debate over peanut butter because I'm truely curious about why it is bad or why it is good! I know that to much of anything is not good for you so I'm curious as to what the wonderful ppl of MFP's message boards have to say. Let me know why you LOVE it and can't live without it. Or why you detest it and wil never eat it again!!! And..............GO!

Replies

• Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I like it. I eat it.

I get the natural kind that only has peanuts and salt in it and have a tablespoon or two at a time. Everything in moderation.
    Yes, it is a high calorie food but it has healthy fats and those are good for my body. I some some kind of nuts almost every day and really enjoy it.
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    I like it. I eat it.

I get the natural kind that only has peanuts and salt in it and have a tablespoon or two at a time. Everything in moderation.
    Yes, it is a high calorie food but it has healthy fats and those are good for my body. I some some kind of nuts almost every day and really enjoy it.

Ditto.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I like it. I eat it.

Ditto.

I will 3rd this.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and work it into my plan daily (especially stirred into steel cut oats). I only buy the natural varities.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I love it and also only eat the natural. for people who can get enough calories in a day (Not me) it's a great way to add to your calories.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! Peanut butta jelly! Peanut butta jelly! Wher'ya't?! Wher'ya't?! Peanut-butta-jelly-peanut-butta-jelly!

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

I can do this all day.
  • lizzyb83
    lizzyb83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Look at the labels of the peanut butter you are buying. I did, and was shocked. So now I just try to get all natural, too. I also just jumped on the Almond butter bandwagon. Oh So Good!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Love it --period. A go to food that tastes decadent and I completely adore. Gotta track it though!
  • iiwish
    iiwish Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat it basically every day, I put it on toast or in oatmeal. It's good for protein. I've never heard anyone say it was bad. If you don't like it, get your protein from something else!
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    I would not care to live in a world without peanut butter.

I always tell my wife: If the apocalypse ever comes, all I need is a van full of peanut butter.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    I try not to touch it because if I do I won't stop eating it. It triggers huge binges for me. I'm an all or nothing kind of person, moderation and I just don't get along.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I love it. I eat it.

Yes. I fixed it :-)
  • BunkyBumBum
    BunkyBumBum Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I eat it, but I also only eat the natural kind (they have no-stir now that actually is no-stir). I like Smart Balance brand, but they didn't have it at the grocery store so I bought the Planter's brand this time, we'll see.

I tried some of that "Better than Peanut Butter" stuff once. It was disgusting. I'd rather have the fat and calories and protein all together and have it be something I actually want to eat than something I have to gag down.

I eat PB & J pretty much every day for lunch =)
  • luckyinlove2
    luckyinlove2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter has always been a comfort food for me. Now though, I limit myself to a tablespoon at a time--sometimes on crackers or in oatmeal. Sometimes just lick it out of the tablespoon! I make sure it doesn't have extra fats or sugars in it. I'm interested in trying PB2. Can't find it locally yet, so will have to order some, but first want to research just what it contains. Anyone else know what all's in it?
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I like it. I eat it.

Ditto.

I will 3rd this.

I will fourth this. Though if I need lower cal and especially if I'm cooking and not just eating it's I go for PB2. It doesn't hit the spot with an apple but it is perfect for making pancakes or skinny pies with.
  • Imanido
    Imanido Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The fat is supposed to be as healthy as olive oil for what I heard. I wondered for ever what was the rage about the PB until I bought it, I truly regretted it, I could it the whole damn pack in one go. So after a couple of bottles I decided to NOT buy it again, I get my fat intake from somewhere else (where I can exercise more self-control) :-)
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Love it, love it, love it

just the natural stuff which is basically squashed nuts (no added salt or sugar) in kilo tubs

tried hazelnut butter too, its quite tastey too
  • AvsFreak
    AvsFreak Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Eat almost a 1/4 cup a day. Love it. especially these...

DSC_0098.jpg
  • annepage
    annepage Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    It's provides "good fat" that supposedly aid heart health, so I eat it in moderation as well. Convenient and provides a quick snack so I prefer it over something like a bag of chips or something along that line.
  • CupcakesAndRazorblades
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTA JELLY TIME! Peanut butta jelly! Peanut butta jelly! Wher'ya't?! Wher'ya't?! Peanut-butta-jelly-peanut-butta-jelly!

PEANUT BUTTA JELLY WITH A BASEBALL BAT!

I can do this all day.

hee hee :love: be my friend!