Body for Life... anyone?

Options
I just heard about Body for Life last night. Anyone do this? If so, is it worth it? Results or not? Also, did you enjoy doing it? I'm doing a little research on it but would like to hear from anyone who has actually done it before I buy the book and try it.

Any advice would be great! Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MamaCat99
    MamaCat99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Dana - I just posted something similar about a week ago. Want to start a group to support each other through the challenge? I am starting Week 2 tomorrow (well...restarting it anyway. Injured my ankle so I decided not to try anything stupid last week.). :wink:

~Jina
    (aka MamaCat99)
  • rubypond
    rubypond Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started the Body for Life program many years ago when it first came out and have since reverted back. I would love to do it again.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Hunh! I'd heard just the phrase but never bothered to read about it. As far as the wikipedia article goes anyway, it actually sounds pretty decent!

For some reason I always figured it might have something to do with like an ab machine, or meal replacement shakes or something like that.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I don't want to sound... arrogant or something.. but the diet and exercise doesn't sound groundbreaking. I personally would eat similarly to what is recommended there (this is from reading off Wikipedia) and these days I weight train on alternate days and cardio most days at a high intensity for about 30minutes.

Don't waste your money on anything extra if the book insists, it's a waste of your money!

But it is good to have a team to keep you on the right path... it's too easy to get stuck in a rut!

edit: the way they tell you to do weight training is a bit different, however, as they up the weights. Quite interesting actually :)
  • MamaCat99
    MamaCat99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Jessica - I agree. No rocket science here. Just simple and effective. That's what I like about it the most: the structure and format. It addresses food in a simple way and the workouts are easy to incorporate into your life. The weight training has proven results (I did it for 8 weeks and saw them myself) and the cardio is both short and effective. I can commit to the time this program takes. My husband did P90X and I was really motivated to do it with him, but some of the workouts last nearly 1 1/2 hours by the time you cool down, etc. I only lasted 1 week the quit.

There really are so many options for weight/exercise programs out there. The trick is to find something you personally can connect with and (more importantly) stick with. At the end of the day, it comes down to eating less and moving more, right?

One thing I really don't like about the BFL website and supplemental materials is that they push so much product on you. I ignore all of that and, like you, hope everyone else does, too.

Good luck to you! Hope you are seeing great progress on your journey!!

~Jina
    (aka MamaCat99)
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I just heard about Body for Life last night. Anyone do this? If so, is it worth it? Results or not? Also, did you enjoy doing it? I'm doing a little research on it but would like to hear from anyone who has actually done it before I buy the book and try it.

Any advice would be great! Thanks :flowerforyou:

I actually have the book and I really enjoy it. It's well written,easy to follow and though it is not rocket science, if it gets you motivated and you see good results, I don't think you can go wrong! I also have Eating for Life-has GREAT recipes in it!! I did Body for Life a few years back and followed it to a T, w/ no missed workouts and free days every week, dropped 60lbs in 10 months. I am actually going to be starting back up again, hopefully next week!! Looking for friends. Sent you a request