• ShannonS2714
    ShannonS2714 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thank you but I knew all this already

Good...you're a step ahead.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

I feel you sweety. I don't just get the dirty looks. Mine frequently reminds me that I'm "disgusting" and "repulsive". Put another way to me last week "You know what your problem is? Your actually deluded enough to believe you're attractive."
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    My husband does not agree. Hence the dirty looks when he sees me getting dressed or undressed. It's difficult to rise above the rotten feelings that stem from that.

I feel you sweety. I don't just get the dirty looks. Mine frequently reminds me that I'm "disgusting" and "repulsive". Put another way to me last week "You know what your problem is? Your actually deluded enough to believe you're attractive."

Oh, honey...no. This is NOT ok. You are beautiful, he's just a blind @ss. (((HUGS)))
  • sbbhbm
    Options

Oh, honey...no. This is NOT ok. You are beautiful, he's just a blind @ss. (((HUGS)))

Yes, he is. I like myself just fine (hence his "believe you're attractive" comment) - as far as I'm concerned he's the one with the problem. He can either get over it or get out. I used to let him get to me, but I have so many wonderful supportive friends here on MFP that appreciate me for who I am that they drown out his insults.
  • assblaster69
    assblaster69 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i wont live in a lie, i was a fat *kitten*
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    my precious daughter tells me I am beautiful to her she loves her momma. my neighbor who became my friendship matchmaker introducing me to a guy she knows my age the pastor's son at her church told me I am beautiful too. hopes we can hang out more. it boosted my confidence. most of the guys only tell me how ugly I am
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    "It doesn't make sense to call ourselves ugly because we don't really see ourselves. We don't watch ourselves sleeping in bed, curled up and silent. With chests rising and falling with our own rhythm. We don't see ourselves reading a book, eyes fluttering and glowing. You don't see yourself looking at someone with care inside your heart. There's no mirror in your way when you're laughing and smiling and happiness is leaking out of you. You would know exactly how bright and beautiful you are if you saw yourself in the moments where you are truly beautiful." Author Unknown
    :heart: a very nice reminder, thanks for sharing that, it's so very true!
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

Yes, he is. I like myself just fine (hence his "believe you're attractive" comment) - as far as I'm concerned he's the one with the problem. He can either get over it or get out. I used to let him get to me, but I have so many wonderful supportive friends here on MFP that appreciate me for who I am that they drown out his insults.

Good!! :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

Hell, I AM a fat *kitten* (b!tch, I guess LOL)...but, I'm working on it...
  • ShannonS2714
    Options
    my precious daughter tells me I am beautiful to her she loves her momma. my neighbor who became my friendship matchmaker introducing me to a guy she knows my age the pastor's son at her church told me I am beautiful too. hopes we can hang out more. it boosted my confidence. most of the guys only tell me how ugly I am

I won't ever understand why anyone would choose to tear someone else down for any reason.

Your daughter sounds amazing!! I'm glad you have good people in your life and I hope they drown out the jerks!
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options

You're beautiful. And any one that tells you differently should be smacked in the face. With a car.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    We are alive - that is beautiful
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options

I'm confused as to how these men are considered husband material? I understand that relationships are more complicated than that, but degrade me, disrespect me and belittle me like that^^ and see if there aren't divorce papers stapled to your balls when you wake up.
  • ShannonS2714
    Options

I'm confused as to how these men are considered husband material? I understand that relationships are more complicated than that, but degrade me, disrespect me and belittle me like that^^ and see if there aren't divorce papers stapled to your balls when you wake up.

I agree with you completely, but it IS more complicated than that. I was married to a man like this when I was young...it took a long time for me to get up and walk away....and there are many women that never do.
  • sbbhbm
    Options

It is complicated unfortunately, or I would've left four years ago when this crap started. He wasn't always like this, no way would I have married him had I known he was capable of being so cruel.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I actually did leave a marriage like that It was easy for me to do. I felt I deserved better of course what happened to my friend was a real wake up call. she stayed with her abuser and was killed by him at age 29. I left my abuser and am still alive and well.
  • ScreamingUnicorn
    ScreamingUnicorn Posts: 83 Member
    Options

It is complicated unfortunately, or I would've left four years ago when this crap started. He wasn't always like this, no way would I have married him had I known he was capable of being so cruel.

I understand but life's too short to waste on such people. You deserve better than that and I think you should demand more from the person that is supposed to be your best friend and biggest support. For the record, I think you're lovely.
  • assblaster69
    Options
    We are alive - that is beautiful
    Josef Fritzl sure is beautiful
  • assblaster69
    Options

Hell, I AM a fat *kitten* (b!tch, I guess LOL)...but, I'm working on it...

Then this thread is for you to make you feel better about yourself with some stupid story