Am I still sedentary

Options
When I started with MFP back in Oct 2012 I accepted that my lifestyle was predominately sedentary. I spent 10 hrs at my desk and almost no hrs exercising. But 6 mths on I average 30km per week walking and more recently have been doing 11km in one session each weekend. Am I still sedentary and therefore restricted to 1200 calories per day.
I have plateaued with no loss but no gain for 2 weeks so I am guessing something needs to change. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I am 1.5kg away from my first reward a Diana Von Fusrtenberg wrap dress. It is tantalizing close!

Replies

• potluck965
    potluck965 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Are you entering your exercise? That's the whole point of the sedentary lifestyle thing to set your baseline. Then you get exercise calories that you can eat back.
  • nivenjl
    nivenjl Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep I religiously enter my food and my exercise. Some days I eat back most of my exercise calories but not often as I am just not hungry. During this week I ran out of muesli and had an egg instead. That day I actually lost weight so maybe I need to consume more c- ideas gratefully received
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    If you're using MFP's numbers then you add your exercise and you can eat some or all of that. If your job is still the same then you are still sedentary as far as that setting goes.
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When I think complete sedentary, I think no escercise. I would maybe change it to light exercise. As you become more active, fit, and closer to your goal weight you will need to eat more to maintain and improve your body anyway, so eating a little more won't hurt.

But I think the MFP settings are for your daily movement not including exercise. So, maybe leave it at sedentary and make sure you are eating back all of your exercise calories.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have MFP set to sedentary as well and then log all my exercise calories. One thing I found though was that the exercise calcs were way off for me on calories burned. I have a bodymedia now, but used to use a plane old HR monitor that tracked calories (I like polar that takes in gender, weight, height). I stopped losing b/c I was eating too much and the calculators weren't taking into effect my new BF and fitness level. Once I would run 5 miles and burn nearly 600 calories...now I run 5 miles and maybe get just over 400.