help so lost!

hey guys, just posted this in the food message board but realized this message board may be more fitting for my questions so thought i would post again! i need insight, the scale hasn't budged in 2-3 months! I'm 5'5" with double d b00bs and at 140 now so i know i don't have too much to go but this is sooo frustrating! My goal weight and weight i usually feel most comfortable at is 135-130. I made my diary public, and before this was doing weight watchers with about the same point amount as MFP has given me for calories (calculated out using range of calories people say the new pp points are). I know a big theme is that its possible to undereat and I know i do work out a lot but i get nervous basing my calories burned estimate on mfp and am therfore skeptical to eat back those calories. I have also begun incorporating some strength training to possibly rev up metabolism but don't include that in diary because it's difficult to track. I've lost this weight in the past, had a much easier time getting to goal weight 3 years ago before ww changed to pp but am struggling so badly this time and feel so defeated. Any insight would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I am very knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff (fitness/nutrition/weightloss) typically but am feeling really lost here.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    I would suggest increasing how much you eat because you tend to net far too little calories. Less isn't always better.

Set your goal to 0.5lbs per week and eat based on that (or better yet, find your TDEE and take a 10% cut off of that number).

Also, how much water are you drinking? You don't seem to log it.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 921 Member
    I am in the same boat...I broke down and bought a BodyMedia b/c it was that important to me to lose the last 10lbs after being stalled for MONTHS! I love it, it really gave me all the answers I needed to start losing again...although slowly (only able to maintain about a 300 cal deficit per day). I found that I was burning way less than I thought (for some it is the opposite). As I exercised more, I got stronger and as my BF decreased...I started burning way less during a workout.

For example yesterday I did 30 min of hard-core circuit training with 200 yd sprints between exercise (total 9 x 2 strength exercises) AND I then walked for 20 min afterwards...total calorie burn...389. If I didn't have my BM to track it, I probably would have thougth (and most estimate calcs would say in upward of 500-600 cals). I have other friends who found out they were eating way too LITTLE...me...Way too much.