Defective Beachbody Discs?

Options

Replies

• HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Oh no, now you have my nervous. I just ordered Turbo Jam and it should be in on April 10th. I sure hope it works. I did order it through a Beach Body Coach as well.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Oh no, now you have my nervous. I just ordered Turbo Jam and it should be in on April 10th. I sure hope it works. I did order it through a Beach Body Coach as well.

I have every single Turbojam disc, and never have had a single problem with them. Nor with my Hip Hop Abs or Rockin' Body, only Turbofire, Brazil Butt Lift and now Les Mills Combat.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You sure you not putting these disks in with sticky chocolate on your fingers? :laugh:

If the discs are clean, at room temperature, software is updated, & it plays all other discs....
    Then sounds like your player is having an issue with their discs copy protection or are inferior.
    Take the disks to a electronics store and try em on a few players, see what happens...
    Buy a SONY :bigsmile:
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Getting in touch with Beachbody Technical Support, they are suspecting a disc region issue....odd.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    You sure you not putting these disks in with sticky chocolate on your fingers? :laugh:

If the discs are clean, at room temperature, software is updated, & it plays all other discs....
    Then sounds like your player is having an issue with their discs copy protection or are inferior.
    Take the disks to a electronics store and try em on a few players, see what happens...

No chocolate, although I've been guilty of eating a bit more of that lately with Easter.
    Might have to try a Sony, won't work on Toshiba OR my expensive Pioneer component system.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I had one Turbo Fire disc give me trouble (got stuck mid-workout), but I think it was the cheap built in DVD player. I slapped it and that seemed to fix it. It didn't do it the next time and I haven't had trouble with any others.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

My player is a Sony Blu-Ray. It works beautifully for absolutely everything except for about half of my P90X discs. From day one, the bad ones have always been bad. I just didn't want to lose the time required to ship them back for an exchange, so I put up with it.
  • IECdispatcher
    IECdispatcher Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I just purchased the Turbo Jam dvds today. I hope they are good...
  • janessanessa
    Options

My player is a Sony Blu-Ray. It works beautifully for absolutely everything except for about half of my P90X discs. From day one, the bad ones have always been bad. I just didn't want to lose the time required to ship them back for an exchange, so I put up with it.

Beachbody has never asked me to ship bad discs back to them, and has always just replaced them free of charge for me and I've pitched the others, but even their replacements seem to be problematic these days.
  • BrittanyErica
    BrittanyErica Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    just a concern.. did you buy them directly from beachbody? or did you get them from ebay or amazon, or another 3rd party site.
    because if they're not from beachbody directly, then there's a chance they could be pirated.
    just a thought :)
    because i've purchased countless programs from beachbody, and i haven't had a hitch
  • janessanessa
    Options
    just a concern.. did you buy them directly from beachbody? or did you get them from ebay or amazon, or another 3rd party site.
    because if they're not from beachbody directly, then there's a chance they could be pirated.
    just a thought :)
    because i've purchased countless programs from beachbody, and i haven't had a hitch

I've never bought Beachbody programs from anywhere except directly through Beachbody, via my Team Beachbody account. :)
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    There was nothing wrong with any of the Insanity videos that I purchased from Beachbody last month. Although I also purchased the added Insurance for the videos, so if anything happens to them BB will replace them for free.
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Have you tried them in a neighbor's or family member's DVD player? Try two other standalone DVDs. This way you would have tried three standalone DVD players. If all three standalone DVD players have issue, it's probably the discs.

What model is your Toshiba DVD player? If you have a Toshiba Blu Ray player, you might be able to do a firmware update I think you said Toshiba DVD player instead though.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Blu-ray-DVD-Players-Recorders/How-To-Update-Firmware-on-Blu-ray-Players/ta-p/272805
  • pcdoctor01
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but is the audio ok when playing the BB discs? Is it just the video that's crazy? You should email BB the pictures of whats it's doing asap.
    Just a suggestion but perhaps it's a region thing? I've never had problems with my P90X or Insanity DVDs but my Les Mills Pump DVDs came up as being a totally different region. They wouldn't play and instead I had green, black, pink and grey squares on the screen. Do you think that might be the issue? If they play in the laptop it suggests that the discs are OK but there's some other problem...

Cat

Ok, both of these images are from just putting the disc in, and waiting for it to load up to the menu screen. Two different times, different results, same disc.

(apologies, the second image is backwards, but shows up the right way on the screen, just didn't flip flop when I was editing pics up)

blue1.jpg
    pink1.jpg
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has never asked me to ship bad discs back to them, and has always just replaced them free of charge for me and I've pitched the others, but even their replacements seem to be problematic these days.

Hmmm. I should call them then. I was actually thinking I had ordered mine from BB via Amazon, but that was a different product. My P90X invoice is straight from BB.
  • janessanessa
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy but is the audio ok when playing the BB discs? Is it just the video that's crazy? You should email BB the pictures of whats it's doing asap.

No sound, just the wonky screen. Been trying to figure it out with BB. I think it's likely the DVD player, but odd that it only acts up on newer Beachbody discs. Turbojam, Hip Hop Abs, and Rockin' Body all play smoothly. Now all my Turbofire, Brazil Butt Lift and Les Mills Combat discs don't work and give these screens. DVD player clicks and makes loud noises like it's trying to load the discs, but is unable to do so. Beachbody 2nd day aired me two full sets of replacements and even those do it.

It's like they encode something on the Beachbody products that prohibit the discs from working in certain machines.....
  • janessanessa
    Options
    Have you tried them in a neighbor's or family member's DVD player? Try two other standalone DVDs. This way you would have tried three standalone DVD players. If all three standalone DVD players have issue, it's probably the discs.

What model is your Toshiba DVD player? If you have a Toshiba Blu Ray player, you might be able to do a firmware update I think you said Toshiba DVD player instead though.

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Blu-ray-DVD-Players-Recorders/How-To-Update-Firmware-on-Blu-ray-Players/ta-p/272805

Toshiba SD4300, just a plain DVD player. 75.00 BestBuy deal....worked beautifully when my Pioneer Component system stopped playing the discs 6 months ago....then suddently it won't play them anymore.
  • pcdoctor01
    Options
    If everyone thing else plays without an issue but BB discs, try this. Download DVDFAb, install it to your windows pc, try creating a copy of one BB DVD. Hopefully you have some DVD blanks. If it works on your computer every time, it's worth a shot to try a burned copy. Try burning one of the TurboFire DVDs and see what happens.

www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

I think Toshiba DVD players only have a 90 day warranty. I would say call Toshiba and see if they will fix your player for free. If it turns out to be your DVD player. Maybe it's an incompatibility problem with the newer BB DVDs and your particular Toshiba DVD player. I have a Toshiba but I don't have any BB discs.

http://support.toshiba.com/warranty
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/video-electronics/sd4300_spec.pdf
  • janessanessa
    Options
    If everyone thing else plays without an issue but BB discs, try this. Download DVDFAb, install it to your windows pc, try creating a copy of one BB DVD. Hopefully you have some DVD blanks. If it works on your computer every time, it's worth a shot to try a burned copy. Try burning one of the TurboFire DVDs and see what happens.

www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

I think Toshiba DVD players only have a 90 day warranty. I would say call Toshiba and see if they will fix your player for free. If it turns out to be your DVD player. Maybe it's an incompatibility problem with the newer BB DVDs and your particular Toshiba DVD player. I have a Toshiba but I don't have any BB discs.

http://support.toshiba.com/warranty
    http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/product/pdf_files/detailed_specs/video-electronics/sd4300_spec.pdf

Ended up going out and upgrading to a BluRay player, Phillips. Seems to work nicely, colors much more vibrant. I went ahead and got the 2 year additional service protection plan on it just in case. :) So far all the "defective" discs play like gems.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue with a disc from my first copy of Insanity.... but I had bought it at Wal Mart and I was able to return it and get a new copy with no hassles.

Beachbody doesn't sell at walmart... or any other retailer.... except amazon, and you're buying through beachbody still.

I was wondering the exact same thing...how one would get Insanity at Walmart

Sorry to burst your bubbles but I have seen P90X, which is a Beach Body product, at multiple WalMart's.