wii dance

Options
How do you work out how many calories a person will burn whilst doing wii dance

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    How many calories a person will burn will vary. There are a lot of factors that go in to calories burned.

Effort, weight, age, gender, songs (some songs require more movement/harder moves than others), difficulty, ect

Best bet is to invest in a Heart rate monitor. You can get one for around $30 with a chest strap on amazon.com.
  • xxxtracyxxx
    xxxtracyxxx Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Or log it under 'Dance, general'....?
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I agree with the heartrate monitor. I don't have one though and can't afford one right now so I just log it under "dancing general" and however many minutes I do it for. I don't eat back all of my exercise calories though so if I'm plus or minus a few, I'm OK.
  • twoss9112
    twoss9112 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I agree with the heartrate monitor. I don't have one though and can't afford one right now so I just log it under "dancing general" and however many minutes I do it for. I don't eat back all of my exercise calories though so if I'm plus or minus a few, I'm OK.

Same here. I started logging under dance general, but if I'm going super hard core and break out a really good sweat, or if I do the Just Sweat part of the game, I log as Aerobics. I generally log less time than I'm actually doing do, just to lower the calorie burn a little in case I underestimated a food or overestimated the exercise. If I do the game for one hour I will log 40 minutes.... just to keep a buffer there.
  • terricol
    terricol Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, will try it and give it a go, where can you get a heart monitor thingie from please
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, will try it and give it a go, where can you get a heart monitor thingie from please

Walmart, Target, pretty much any store that sells fitness equipment. I've found that you can get the same heart rate monitors for sometimes up to 50% cheaper on amazon.com. I paid $30 for a heart rate monitor with free shipping that would have cost about $90 at walmart.