Jillian Micheal's 30 day Shred, Does it really work?

Options
2»

Replies

• christina_255
    Options
    Just finished day 2 level one! She is pretty hardcore but I really like it b/c you don't do any one thing for too long.

Quick question ladies: How are you moving through the levels? I was thinking 1 week at level 1, 1 week at level 2, and then level three for the remaining time??

Here is where you can download and print the workout plan. It shows you exactly what to do each day.
    http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    darn it...I didn't realize it was multiple disks. From Netflix you only get the 30 day shred, no Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and no No More Trouble Zones.
    Are those part of the actual "program", or just extras that are optional?
  • christina_255
    Options
    Yes they are part of it. If you go to the link I have posted, download the workout plan and you can see. It has you alternating the 3 but the other 2 arent so often. I am sure you will still get the same results with just the one disk if you do it every day for 30day

http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Robin, I don't bother with the others...I'm just doing Shred all on its' own!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 30DS! I did it a lot at the end of last year beginning of this year (just 30DS not the 30 Day Slim Down Program). I switched to Banish Fat Boost Metabolism DVD trying to burn more calories (it's 20+ min more for a total of 40 min of killer cardio). I started noticing my stomach sagging more and losing muscles in my arms and my legs didn't seem as toned. I don't know about losing 20 lbs in 30 days, but it motivates and helps tone you. Since I started a couple days ago I am re-motivated again. Maybe she has sub-conscience messages in her DVDS :laugh:
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Ummmm Yahhhh! this is a great workout & yes the results are real! If you eat clean, drink your water and stick to the 30 Day Shred you will see GREAT results. I love this DVD along with her others, read my blog for my Level to Level results!
    If you put forth the effort the results are sure to follow! What are you waiting for? Get started already! :wink:
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    I cant make it to level 3. I stick to level 1 & on occasion try level 2. I cant do push ups, even girly ones so level 2 I have to get creative since I cant do what they want. I do standing push ups against the wall. Anytime I do the Shred I am red & sweating so something is working. I don't do it everyday but maybe 3 -4 times a week. the days I don't do it I do a 30 minute walk outside w/ my dog.

I modify certain exercises like jumping jacks b/c it hurts to have my boobs bouncing up & around even in a good sports bra. I essentially do lower impact butt kicks with the jumping jack arm motion instead.

I sometimes think I'd rather do an hour workout where I wont be so sore, red & sweaty instead of 20 minutes with Jillian but I feel like I accomplished more with the hardcore workout she gives, even if I modify a bit.
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hi I did the 30 day shred and measured at the beginning and after the 30 days and here are my results

Weight at start of shred ....154 .........................................today 147...... 7 pounds lost
    Bust 37 ..........................................................35......... 2".... Lost
    Waist 29 ........................................................26.5 2.5" Lost
    Belly Button 34 ............................................30......... 4" ....Lost
    Hips 37 .........................................................34......... 3".....Lost
    Saddle Bags 44 ..........................................40.5...... 3.5...Lost
    Left Thigh 24 ...............................................22 ..........2" ....Lost
    Right Thigh 24 ............................................21.5...... 2.5 ...Lost
    Left Calf 16 .................................................15 ..........1" .....Lost
    Right Calf 15.5 ...........................................14.5....... 1" .....Lost
    Left Arm 12 ..................................................11.......... 1" .....Lost
    Right Arm 12.5 ............................................11.5....... 1" ....Lost

Total inches lost on 30 day shred is ...23.5

I am nearly at the end of doing the shred for the second time and it hasn't got any easier but I am trying to do it all like Natalie this time round!!! and I have lost another 11 pounds..... i'm now at 136 pounds and lost another 9.5 inches:laugh: so I think its been great!!!
  • christina_255
    Options
    Hi I did the 30 day shred and measured at the beginning and after the 30 days and here are my results

Weight at start of shred ....154 .........................................today 147...... 7 pounds lost
    Bust 37 ..........................................................35......... 2".... Lost
    Waist 29 ........................................................26.5 2.5" Lost
    Belly Button 34 ............................................30......... 4" ....Lost
    Hips 37 .........................................................34......... 3".....Lost
    Saddle Bags 44 ..........................................40.5...... 3.5...Lost
    Left Thigh 24 ...............................................22 ..........2" ....Lost
    Right Thigh 24 ............................................21.5...... 2.5 ...Lost
    Left Calf 16 .................................................15 ..........1" .....Lost
    Right Calf 15.5 ...........................................14.5....... 1" .....Lost
    Left Arm 12 ..................................................11.......... 1" .....Lost
    Right Arm 12.5 ............................................11.5....... 1" ....Lost

Total inches lost on 30 day shred is ...23.5

I am nearly at the end of doing the shred for the second time and it hasn't got any easier but I am trying to do it all like Natalie this time round!!! and I have lost another 11 pounds..... i'm now at 136 pounds and lost another 9.5 inches:laugh: so I think its been great!!!

GREAT JOB!!!! I cant wait to see my change!
  • sunnikim
    sunnikim Posts: 30
    Options
    I started the 30DS over a week ago and noticed a difference after just 3 days. Unfortunately, I fell of the exercise bandwagon and caught a cold and haven't done it in several days. I want to start it up again and keep it up. I have a feeling that if I was seeing a difference after only 3 days that I'd love the results after 30! Just have to stay motivated!

Good luck, hope you get the results you're looking for!
  • Burtonrah
    Burtonrah Posts: 142
    Options
    OK so you've all completely inspired me!!! I just ordered it on Amazon and can't wait for it to show up now!!!!
  • christina_255
    Options
    thanks again everyone for all the reply's to my post! i am on day 3 and love it so far! cant wait to see the changes!!!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    great job on your progress so far :D and im on my 10th day now :D so im excited. just completely my 9th day

so more than a week so far :D i cant wait. i feel the muscle really working on my arms and legs. :) cant wait to see the result :)