Insanity Question - Plantar Faciitis

Options
This maybe a strange question but does Insanity hurt the ball of your feet. I had started Insanity a year ago for 3wks and the front of my feet would hurt(painful dont want to walk hurt), I have later came to find out I have the onset of Plantar Faciitis (the heal hurts too). I was doing this on a lamninate floor not sure if it was the surface I was on that was causing this.

Is there anyone out there with Plantar that does Insanity. I have it under control now with good shoes, custom orthodics and streching. I would love to try it again but I am scared of the pain.

Replies

• sportzmom23
    sportzmom23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I dont do insanity, but was sidelined from running with severe PF, 8 cortisone shots later...the best tip I heard was to keep a can of frozen lemonade to roll with foot when pain hits. To be honest, I dont even do the stretches half the time anymore! I use my good orthotics in my asics for running, cheaper orthotics in every other pair of shoes, including slippers, and have been blissfully pain free. I was close to surgery it was so bad, but dropping 25 pounds, combined with the other stuff helped tremendously, including not wearing my beloved flip flops...
  • melaniecmajors
    melaniecmajors Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I was going to recommend you get new shoes, not running shoes, as they tend to push your foot forward slightly.