Eat More to Weigh Less? I THINK NOT!

Options
14567810»

Replies

• LBNOakland
    LBNOakland Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So basically you guys are telling me that I need to cook all the time, never eat out and invest in a scale?

All this and learn to be patient.

Btw, I eat out but make smart choices.

It's all about choices. I went to a mexican restaurant today, not by choice. mandatory meeting. I did CHOOSE not to eat before hand and eat at the meeting. :bigsmile: I ate tortilla soup, quacamole and chips. When I came back to my office, I found a broth based tortilla soup on MFP which seemed close to what I had. I gueesstimated my chips and compared them to "on the border" brand. I used the guac dip I found in MFP but feel comfortable the one I ate was healthier because it was chopped not pureed so I could see the ingredients. I knew yesterday that i would have this meeting today so I chose to eat light yesterday and did not eat breakfast. I also chose to get my butt out of bed this morning and do TurboFire when i really wanted to hit snooze! :grumble: 700 calorie mexican restaurant meal. In the past, it would have been waaay over 1000 so I feel a little better about my choices. Tonight, dinner at mom's so again, I will have to make careful choices. I didn't TOTALLY blow lunch so I think I am good to go! Drinking extra water early in prep for the wine!! :drinker: Tomorrow, I will eat light again and work in the yard all day. :flowerforyou:

Choices and planning go a long way! :smokin:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Love the I'm doing everything right...'cept I'm not threads. They are the best.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I've never heard so many excuses from one person in my entire life.
    Threads like this are fodder for the Chit Chat, Fun & Games board to parody.

Post a link when you do! We could all do with some fun this weekend :wink:
  • holliwood97
    holliwood97 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    This. x 100. Here's a video on measuring (especially calorie dense foods) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVjWPclrWVY
    [/quote]

this is REALLY Good!!
  • trevvian
    trevvian Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that. Before I do anything, I mention it to my grandmother or an elder. If they have never heard of it, it is simply fabricated. Go back to what was working for you before. I am not sure what you are preparing for, but don't be a nervous wreck. Get yourself straight and try again. :smile:

And, it is very important to log in everyday. Ecspecially, if you are working towards a goal.

What? You ask an elder if they have heard of something and if they haven't you dismiss it outright as fabrication? Ok then.

Of course, didn't you know if your grandma doesn't know about it, then it doesn't exist?! Made for some pretty weird conversations when I called my grandma from an iPhone, but other than that, I agree. :)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    AHHHH this thread is still around!! Dare I check for more excuses? Good grief
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that the "eat more to weigh less" suggestion works better for those of us who lift heavy. For someone who is mostly doing cardio and "strength training" it is probably counter-intuitive. Thats just my 2 cents.

I don't lift heavy and it still works for me.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I honestly think that the "eat more to weigh less" suggestion works better for those of us who lift heavy. For someone who is mostly doing cardio and "strength training" it is probably counter-intuitive. Thats just my 2 cents.

I don't lift heavy and it still works for me.

Agreed. It can work for anyone.

I think the thing is that people seem to think "eat more" means above your TDEE. It isn't. It's about eating more than a very low calorie diet. Put simply, you can eat more as long as it's under your TDEE and still lose weight. It's what I've opted for as eating normal food, drinking alcohol and not feeling hungry and deprived is totally worth it, even if my weight loss is not as rapid. For me it has meant increasing my calories from 1200 to 1600 a day (plus exercise calories). For the first time in my life I've been able to stick to calorie counting and see steady results.