BENCH PRESS, ROTATOR CUFF DISASTER

Options
Last time I flat pressed, I maxed at 265. 2 weeks later i have two rotator cuffs that are ruined. I attributed this to sleeping on a hardwood floor sans pillow comfort. Needless to say, 2 months later and I am just getting back to being comfortable with push-ups, plyo-push-ups, cable press and dumbbell flyes. I am working out my cuffs, although brutal, on a regular basis and following through with good extension. I am writing this post just to hear about any hacks, tips or tricks that I might be missing out on when it comes to building strength and flexibility in my cuffs. I would appreciate any and all approaches. Also, I do yoga and full body stretching on the reg.

Replies

• aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    one tip, stop being a pansy....pain? BENCH THAT **** OUT BROTHER!!!
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    my yoga

funny-gif-yoga-wine-bottle.gif
  • aaronlawrenc
    Options
    taaaaaaaaa nobody cares
  • Brallen1969
    Options
    If you hurt doing bench, you probably didn't warm up enough
  • email4jenp
    email4jenp Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have a torn rotator cuff and it sucks big time! Can you get a cortisone injection? I got one and it was a big world of difference (but it wore off and hurts again) I was hoping to build the muscles up around the injury for less pain, but clearly I didn't succeed (Or know if that is even possible)?

So would love to follow this & see if anyone has ideas.
  • BunnieMommie
    BunnieMommie Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I agree, you probably didn't warm up enough. My husband made the bad mistake of heavy lifting without warming up. He tore some muscles. He was hurting for many months and had to rehab just as long. He's still not 100%.
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    My trainer doesn't have us bench press at all anymore. Says it causes injuries and full body motions are better anyway.