A Little Success Is A Great Motivator!

Options
I made a firm commitment to weight loss on March 1, and found this online tool about 3 weeks later. Without the site, I lost 2 lbs. With the site, I've lost another 8. Ok, so 10 lbs isn't nearly as impressive as some of the stories I've read, those of you who have stuck with it and lost 40, 50, hell 100 lbs are truely inspiring. BUT, there is nothing like progress to motivate! It feels so good, that it makes it a lot easier to say NO to bad choices. Logging excercise is such a rush to me, I want to work out just so I can enter the numbers. Ok, maybe there are other reasons, but it is a good one!

I'm thrilled with 10 lbs. I'm looking forward to 10 more, and then 10 more after that. It will be slow -the first 10 came off fast. But I know with you folks as support, and the tools this site offers, I have what I need. I have learned quickly that you can run on a treadmill for hours, but if you don't change your eating habits, it shows little progress on the scale. I love my scale these days, and am excited and motivated to keep going. (And weigh my food and read lables and say NO to brownies and french fries.)

Now if I could only find somthing in my closet that fits -- all my clothes from last spring/summer are way too big. Another topic, "When Do You Buy New Clothes", but I'm thrilled to have that problem.

Replies

• BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Great job! 10lbs is a huge achievement and you should be proud of yourself!!
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A tip I have about buying clothes-- I buy them on sale the season before in a smaller size =)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!