My Fit Foods

Options
Hello,

I live down in South Texas an we have HEB grocery stores here. Anyway, there is a part of the store called "My Fit Foods". Already made breakfast, lunch, dinners, and snacks. No prerservaties so cannot freeze them and was told they last maybe about 3 - 4 days in the fridge. I have been tempted to buy and try it out, but the price kind of scares me. Has anyone tried these meals and are they worth it?? Thanks!!

Replies

• skincy
    skincy Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    In San Antonio, we actually have My Fit Foods locations. They are great meals with healthy ingredients. If you need something for fast meals they are worth it. I use them periodically.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    We have these in Houston. I'll grab one in a pinch, but they tend to be high in sodium and I find they don't really fill me up for long. For the price, I'd rather cook.
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    In Houston we also have Perfect Fit Meals that are sold in select Kroger stores. It's fresh food, like My Fit Foods, but I think it's better and a little cheaper. It also keeps for several days, but you can freeze it. I freeze mine all the time. I really like them for bringing for lunch and when I get home late, it's very hand to micro for a couple of minutes.
  • srk369
    srk369 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have been tempted to try My Fit Foods in The Woodlands location, but haven't. But Perfect Fit Meals are wonderful. Last night after the gym my daughter wanted Chick-fil-A. I grabbed her a meal but didn't want that for me. I came home and had a Havana Chicken with brown rice and black beans. It was great and the nurtrient list was very good. I am not too worried about sodium, but with this brand all of their food is fairly low and last nights meal had 250mg.
  • CorpusKristi
    CorpusKristi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well I did buy a couple of things, the chicken enchilada, breakfast taco, and picnic time snacks. I have to agree that making some ot these myself will be cheaper. The tacos I had for breakfast this morning at 6 am and suprised how long it's been before I began to be hungry again. Thanks for your all of your feedback :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I live down in South Texas an we have HEB grocery stores here. Anyway, there is a part of the store called "My Fit Foods". Already made breakfast, lunch, dinners, and snacks. No prerservaties so cannot freeze them and was told they last maybe about 3 - 4 days in the fridge. I have been tempted to buy and try it out, but the price kind of scares me. Has anyone tried these meals and are they worth it?? Thanks!!

You don't need preservatives to freeze food. I freeze food from my garden without preservatives.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    We have one here in Boise and the meals are actually really good! You can't freeze some of them, but there are some that are just meat and rice or quinoa that I've frozen and eaten later. I usually view it as my fast food alternate because making our own is cheaper. It's just nice having a healthy option if I fail to prepare.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    If I were a bachelor, I'd stock my fridge with just their food. Already prepared, tasty, and easy to organize. The sodium levels aren't as insane as you would think. Compare it to a Lunchable...
  • CorpusKristi
    CorpusKristi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried the Brian's Chicken Enchilada, was really good too...again, was full for quite a few hours. I bought the medium size because I couldn't find the smaller ones. I will have to check when I am at the HEB plus store where they have a larger variety. They kept me fuller than the Smart Ones or Lean Cuisines for sure.
  • suz155
    suz155 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We have the actual stores in the Houston area and they sell at HEB. I have been to the one in The Woodlands Tx,,,as its close to my house. Some of it is fairly good. I like their salmon cakes, gimme more chicken and a few other items. My problem with them is pepper. I love pepper, but, they have a tendency to pour it on, versus .sprinkle it on. You can't ask for less, as they cook , in bulk. I did use them for the first 2-3 weeks on MFP and it got me on the right track. But, eased off (mostly because of the darn pepper and it can get expensive) Hubby and I , share cooking and cook on weekends and refrigerate or freeze what we dont use...and pull out when we are ready. I would recommend to people that want to get a feel of whats a good amount of food for weight loss and it can give some good ideas. But, if you dont care for pepper,,,,ask when you get there,,,,what does NOT have a lot of pepper on there. I would use them again,,,in a pinch.