Muscle weighs more than fat

Options
bcattoes
bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
Those of you that enjoying argueing the untruth of the statement above, do you also argue that fat does not have more calories than carbs or protein? Because, after all, 10 calories = 10 calories.

Replies

• bcattoes
    Options
    And is Georgia not further from Washington, DC than Maryland because 1 mile = 1 mile?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i am in for the show....

but a pound is a pound right?

and I really do not see the correlation between a mile is a mile with the distance thing...

Georgia is more miles from DC than Maryland is. So georgia is 500 more miles from DC but maryland is only 250 miles from DC...yet because a mile = a mile they really are not the same distance?

I guess using your logic a 450 pound man weighs the same as a 250 pound man?

Maybe you need to reconsider your comparison points....
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I guess using your logic a 450 pound man weighs the same as a 250 pound man?

Maybe you need to reconsider your comparison points....

That is not the same comparison because the weights are known. But if you take any 2 random men, neither would weigh more because 1 lb = 1 lb.

And using that same logic, since the distance between DC and GA, and DC and MD are unknown to me, neither is further.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I locked this because it's just going to cause drama, which is in violation of the forum rules.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.
This discussion has been closed.