People tell me don't lose anymore......

Options
So I am in my journey just about 7 months and boy has been a very hard and emotional journey. I never thought when I lose weight that I would be so hard on my self... Well when I started this journey I was 219# and I am 5'3" and I am now 162# but my goal weight when I started is 150# but I really want to get to 135# but my husband and everyone is telling me not to lose any more weight but reading charts and looking at other 5'3" they are like 120-135. So I need your opinions and be honest because it will push me harder to work on them. I am doing a lot of strength training now to tone up but after having 2 kids I am just not sure how much I can get it away... Thanks in advance :)

697e8c5c-783f-43e6-abd8-702effdd9d60_zps06a0975f.jpg

27c50c9e-3639-41b5-a421-1770a3bb69c3_zps9e372ba3.jpg

Replies

• raqufern
    raqufern Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    First of all let me congratulate you on your loss. You look amazing. With that said I would tell you not to allow others to determine where you should stop. 135lbs is a healthy goal! I am 5'2" and my goal is 125lbs (currently 138lbs). I think people just get used to seeing you a certain way and so it may seem like too much to them, but you will know when you are happy with your achieved goal. I am sure you will know when to stop. You keep pushing if that is what you really want to do!!! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying..Congrats to you and your success. You stomach especially looks AMAZING.. I hear this line quite often from others as well as here other people in this journey complain about people saying the same thing. My suggestion is do what is comfortable for you. Regardless of a chart for your height if you are comfortable where you are or want to lose more weight go ahead. It is about a healthier lifestyle and what is going to make you happy at the end of the day. The more you feel happy about your accomplishment over time people will get use to the new you....Keep up the outstanding work...
  • annamc18
    annamc18 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think you look great & congrats on the awesome loss!

I think that if you are OK with staying where you are - that's awesome! I personally would prefer to be in a healthy range for my size, so if I were you & I were still above my average range - I would just try to get to that.

Or as a middle ground - at this point maybe just focus on not the number on the scale but by inches. Just get a little bit more toned up and even though it means you may not lose any more weight - you'll be much more tight and toned that you are now, so at least you feel like you've lost more weight but in reality it's just inches.

I say just do what YOU want to do, and don't worry about what anyone else says. I hope my opinion helps! :flowerforyou:
  • BrennLinn
    BrennLinn Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic! Great job on your weight loss! As far as not losing anymore, I think you need to do what you feel comfortable with. Nobody else is in your body so they don't know how you feel. I feel your pain though. I have also had two kids and started at 210 and now am at 170.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing and keep pushing yourself. You are never "done" losing weight and getting and staying shape....

when I went from 190 to 180, I wanted to get to 170..when I got to 170 I wanted to lose body fat and retain muscle mass..when I got to 13% body fat I wanted to get to 10% body fat....I find that pushing yourself keeps you sharp and will keep you from gaining it all back....

Plus you want ot make these changes for life, not just six months, one year, three years etc...

Anyone telling you to stop is just jealous...or does not understand what you are doing ...some people tell me I am obsessive about working out and weight loss..and I say "so what" I look and feel great and that is all that matters...
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress!

Keep doing this for you, your goal sounds realistic for your height, but don't let just the scale define you.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! Congratulations on your success! I know you have worked very hard and it shows. Like others have said, do what feels best for you!!
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!

When people started in on the "you don't need to lose more weight" stuff with me, I'd just smile and say, "I'm not, I'm just toning up." They didn't need to know the details.

As for the goal weight, it should fall within the healthy BMI and at a weight that is sustainable and comfortable for you. I'm 5'2 and would love to be at 132 (just a number that sounded good to me) but my weight seems to hover right around 135, which is fine.
  • teenasbody
    teenasbody Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress and I say do what makes you happy! People always ask me how much weight you trying to lose how long are you going to be on a diet??? I simply answer THIS IS NOT A DIET ITS MY WAY OF LIFE! LOL Keep pushing
  • leyshockl
    leyshockl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your hard work paying off! You look fantastic! I agree with the others. Only you will know when you are happy with the results. You shouldn't let a friend or chart tell you when to be happy. You are the only one who can truly know what it will take. I also think that some of them are jealous of how far you've come and don't want to see you get into even better shape. Friends and family should be happy for your success and want to see you at your happiest. Good luck with your journey!
  • jess6741
    jess6741 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great. As long as your healthy keep going. It will take a little while for your friends and family to get used to the new you.
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Let me start by saying..Congrats to you and your success. You stomach especially looks AMAZING.. I hear this line quite often from others as well as here other people in this journey complain about people saying the same thing. My suggestion is do what is comfortable for you. Regardless of a chart for your height if you are comfortable where you are or want to lose more weight go ahead. It is about a healthier lifestyle and what is going to make you happy at the end of the day. The more you feel happy about your accomplishment over time people will get use to the new you....Keep up the outstanding work...

I concur with my girl Steph! You look amazing and whatever makes you happy... you are the one who have to put in the work to lose and maintain so keep that in mind. No one else does, but you!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    keep doing what you are doing and keep pushing yourself. You are never "done" losing weight and getting and staying shape....

when I went from 190 to 180, I wanted to get to 170..when I got to 170 I wanted to lose body fat and retain muscle mass..when I got to 13% body fat I wanted to get to 10% body fat....I find that pushing yourself keeps you sharp and will keep you from gaining it all back....

Plus you want ot make these changes for life, not just six months, one year, three years etc...

Anyone telling you to stop is just jealous...or does not understand what you are doing ...some people tell me I am obsessive about working out and weight loss..and I say "so what" I look and feel great and that is all that matters...

I love this there will always be some kind of fitness goal
  • sarahz1442
    sarahz1442 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Are the people who tell you not to lose more weight obese themselves and might have a warped view of what's normal? 162 and 5'3" is still close to obese. I would aim for the healthy range for 5'3" of 105-140. BMI isn't everything, but I believe it's mostly accurate for women.
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I am the same height. I have gotten the same comments from different people. The latest comment (Easter Sunday) was my husband) I am 148 now. The BMI charts say for 5'3" the healthy range is about 102-140 (depending on the chart).

The reason I really buckled down and started losing last year was because in January 2014 we are going to have to pay more for our insurance if we do not meet certain category requirements for being healthy. One of them is weight BMI. So I am going to have to be at least 140, but ideally, for my peace of mind I would like to be mid (to low even) range of healthy for BMI.

You look great by the way. Do what makes you happy.
    Congratulations.
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, do what makes you feel good. Keep lifting and doing strength training to tone up. Remember the more muscle you build the more fat you burn. You look great!!
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Do what YOU want! I think what you've already accomplished it fantastic! I also think a goal of 135 is totally realistic for someone your height :)
  • marissa3209
    marissa3209 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    First of all let me congratulate you on your loss. You look amazing. With that said I would tell you not to allow others to determine where you should stop. 135lbs is a healthy goal! I am 5'2" and my goal is 125lbs (currently 138lbs). I think people just get used to seeing you a certain way and so it may seem like too much to them, but you will know when you are happy with your achieved goal. I am sure you will know when to stop. You keep pushing if that is what you really want to do!!! Good luck!:flowerforyou:

This.
  • holsieg
    holsieg Posts: 21
    Options
    Well done so far! Think about how you feel right now, and if you feel 'done' or not :)

People may be saying that because they are used to you being the size you were. Maybe they only ever saw you at that size and haven't come to terms with the new you (or maybe they're jealous, who knows?). If you are functioning properly with your current diet, then it's probably unnecessary worrying!
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    You are the only one who can decide when you feel your best. I think you have done great thus far and have made a huge transformation for the better. Keep trying to lose if YOU still feel the need. You do not look super skinny. You do not look fat. You look great. It's all about how YOU feel about YOU!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!