anyone ever heard of these? detox/firming wraps

Options
I am an insane skeptic, a good friend of mine is recently a rep for this program. Anyone heard of it, know about it, and can figure out how it works.

Looks like witch doctor stuff to me but I don't want to say that to my sweet friend who has the biggest heart and has had positive results from it.

She wants to know if I am interest, I have the real excuse of finances right now so I have an out.

https://www.myitworks.com

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Go with your gut. It's all crap. Detoxes and wraps do not work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/821828-detoxes-and-cleanses
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have heard they are great for short periods of time, like if you need to fit into a dress for a special occation or something, but it is not long term. I have wondered though if they would help with lose skin at all, after I lose more weight I may try one and see what its all about.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    this stuff according to my friend does not replace exercise but tightens the skin after weight loss. I am still not sure how it works.... would be lovely wouldn't it though... tightening all the skin after a weight loss or birth of a baby. Although it says it uses natural ingredients but not for nursing mothers - why?
  • zengurl72
    zengurl72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been looking into this myself.... from what I understand, it is supposed to shrink the fat cells. I am planning on trying one at the end of the month to see if it makes a difference with the excess skin I have from losing weight
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I don't know about these specific ones, but most of these wraps "work" by dehydrating the cells closest to your skin surface, giving you a very temporary firming effect. Like a PP said, they can give you a little boost for a special event or something if you use them right before it. But, as soon as you re-hydrate yourself, everything goes back to how it was. Depends on how much $$ you're willing to shell out for a temporary improvement.
  • Twins_mommy09
    Twins_mommy09 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I tried 2 wraps by "itworks" and it DOESN"T WORK! It was a rip off for me.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Save your money and put it towards a nice mani/pedi.......you'll get the same weight loss results that you would from a wrap (zero) but at least you'll have a nice pamper day for yourself!
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    that is what I figured, won't waste my money.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    yes I have I saw them on tv. if anything sounds to good to be true it probably is.

just be honest and say your not interested
  • aszwarc
    aszwarc Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Although it says it uses natural ingredients but not for nursing mothers - why?
    Just because something is natural or organic, doesn't mean it's good for you, or even safe. Rattlesnake venom is all-natural, after all.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have been looking into this myself.... from what I understand, it is supposed to shrink the fat cells. I am planning on trying one at the end of the month to see if it makes a difference with the excess skin I have from losing weight

It's just a temporary solution. It just dehydrates your skin. Wraps do absolutely nothing for long term success.
  • Shawnzgirl78
    Shawnzgirl78 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I lost PERMANENTLY 2" from using these wraps. My mom and another coworker each lost an inch or more with their first wrap as well.
    However, I stopped losing after the first box that I bought
    Their other supplements are amazing (I LOVE their greens - organic, whole food) = Energy and helps me stay regular
    Anyway, I DO NOT SELL these, I just buy them once in awhile.
    I REALLY loved them because it gave me a great jumpstart in to my whole journey.
    Of course, in the end you have to work out and eat right to get and maintain real results but the wraps do work.
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law swears by them. She gets it done every few weeks and thinks it's amazing. Went with her once and basically what it does is reduce the appearance of cellulite temporarily. If you ask me, I would rather save my money and wrap myself in saran wrap at home.
  • fayeonherway
    Options

A wrap cannot defy how the human body works and 'shrink' fat cells. Fat cells shrink when their contents are turned in energy.
  • skinnyweedhead
    Options
    I tried a detoxifying wrap once, after hearing about it on the radio. It cost $100 and consisted of me stripping down to my underwear and having ace bandages that were drenched in some sort of herbal potion, wrapped tightly around my body. After I was fully covered in bandages, I walked on a treadmill for 30 minutes while watching a movie. When the bandages came off, my skin looked tighter but my clothes fit the same. Within 3 days my butt had the same ol' cellulite....

Was it worth the money? Nope!

I should have spent it on a massage.....
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    It's no different than wearing socks that are too tight. Your ankles, feet look smaller then don't they? Yep, because the fluid was pushed to a different part of your body. Socks are a lot cheaper than a wrap though.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    It's no different than wearing socks that are too tight. Your ankles, feet look smaller then don't they? Yep, because the fluid was pushed to a different part of your body. Socks are a lot cheaper than a wrap though.

You'd need a pretty big sock :laugh:
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    don't do it, trust me, i tried it and it really is only temporary. not worth the money.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options

You'd need a pretty big sock :laugh:
    Perhaps an Ace sleeping bag? :laugh: