Victorious Victoria Day Challenge. . .March 30

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner

I hope all our fellow challengers will come back to us. We miss you! :brokenheart:

Here's an update on the HRM's calories burned:
The elliptical read higher than the HRM
My home treadmill was within 10 calories - so close enough not to need to wear the HRM, unless I'm doing intervals
My weight session was a lot higher with the HRM than what it says on MFP - I guessed that this would be the case. The HRM showed I burned double what MFP said. I think many people rest quite a bit between weights. I also usually do more than one at a time - squats with curls, balance with rows, etc.

That said, I'm still taking the elliptical reading instead of the HRM for calories burned. If I didn't, I would gravitate to the treadmill which is less work for me.

Tomorrow is yoga and I will try to remember to wear it and report back. I'm also moving furniture today & I might do biggest loser cardio max, so I'll try to wear it those times too.

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down." ~Rita Rudner

I hope all our fellow challengers will come back to us. We miss you! :brokenheart:

Here's an update on the HRM's calories burned:
    The elliptical read higher than the HRM
    My home treadmill was within 10 calories - so close enough not to need to wear the HRM, unless I'm doing intervals
    My weight session was a lot higher with the HRM than what it says on MFP - I guessed that this would be the case. The HRM showed I burned double what MFP said. I think many people rest quite a bit between weights. I also usually do more than one at a time - squats with curls, balance with rows, etc.

That said, I'm still taking the elliptical reading instead of the HRM for calories burned. If I didn't, I would gravitate to the treadmill which is less work for me.

Tomorrow is yoga and I will try to remember to wear it and report back. I'm also moving furniture today & I might do biggest loser cardio max, so I'll try to wear it those times too.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    I'm worried about the others. I hope they come back soon.

Hilarious quote.

Today is my day off, and I think I might take it. I'm trying to work up the energy to clean. (after a marathon marking/grading session, I've lost my resolve.)

See you tomorrow.:flowerforyou:
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Hi all

Had a hectic weekend and not very exercise filled either my daughter was 3 yesterday and her party was from 11- 2:30 (I had to have some cake be rude not too) and then we were at her friends party from 3 til 6 by the time we got home to a house full of dirty dishes (and hubby is working overtime so he was out from 5 til midnight) and three kids loaded on sugar I was shattered tidied up and we watched 101 dalmations with the kids to wind them down read a book and went to bed at 9. Clocks changed in the UK last night and I forgot so been playing catch up all day so again no exercise (except housework hubby working again at 6 this morning til 11 and again tonight 5 til midnight) 3 kids is hard work at bedtime I feel like I need to split myself into 3 impossible.

Tomorrow is another day and I will be up early 45 dvd core secrets (back really needs this at the mo) followed by 40 mins intensive elliptical and a nice soothing shower all before 8 am. I agreed to look after one of my sons classmates mon tues as the kids are off school all this week aaarrrgh I don't even know what we are going to do I just hope the weather is nice if not I think I will let them play on DDR that will burn of their energy.

Wish me luck hope everybody had a good weekend and lets all have a good week this week.
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Hi Everyone! Late check in for me -- been out wandering around my neighborhood. First week of lilacs at the Farmer's Market!

Mary -- please keep updating on the HRM. Those are really interesting findings. I'm not surprised either that the actual numbers are higher for weights than MFP says.

I can't say I've gotten a ton of exercise in this weekend, but I ate very well, even skipping hot dogs and beer at the Red Sox/ Dodgers game last night.

Got my toddler nephew visiting today -- I'm hoping to get in at least 30 minutes of something today, whether it's strength training or a bike ride.

Tomorrow I'm going to swim and lift weights.

I've been told my my doctor to stay off my knee -- been pushing it too much with the running on soft sand and lunges, etc. So, back to the bike and swimming for my cardio.

Have a great weekend and see you on Monday.
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Well, yesterday fizzeled out. What is normally a 3-game volleyball match turned into 5, and an average indoor tennis match of 3 hours took 7.5! I had to run back and forth between vb tourney and tennis all day, sat a total of 20 minutes all day, so I didn't feel guilty about not getting in a workout last night.

Several hours cleaning today and 30 min resistance/aerobics. My sinus/respiratory crud is much better, but my glands are now swelling and my throat is trashed. I wish they took out my tonsils when I was a kid. I end up getting these nasty puss pockets and then raw/bleeding spots from the drainage. :sick: At least the drugs are really good, knocks me out so I get great recuperative sleep!

I'm hesitant on my April photo & weigh in because of not getting to work out last week. I haven't gained more than a couple pounds (probably fluid), but I feel like jello all over. :angry: