Sugar Addict

Hello, my name is Shelly, and I am addicted to chocolate.

I imagine it's mind-over-matter more than anything else, but you know how some people HAVE to have caffeine to get them through the day? Well, I HAVE to have chocolate at least once to get through mine. I thought I had a pretty good handle on it, honestly. I would only eat one or two dark chocolate kisses or 5-6 M&Ms after lunch, repeat after dinner, and that was it. Once every couple weeks, I would let myself splurge with a chocolate chip muffin (my biggest weakness!) for breakfast, or an ice cream cone or big cookie after a meal. Compared to the way I used to gorge myself on sweets, I thought that was more than reasonable! My body stops craving it, my sweet tooth gets satisifed, and I feel content without feeling guilty.

However, after sincerely counting calories for the first time & tracking what I eat, I have discovered that sugar is still my biggest pitfall, especially chocolate. I've been working more fruits & vegetables into my diet lately, but even those put me over my sugar limit!

So here is my question: do any of you have some advice for a hardcore chocolate-addict who just can't seem to stay under 28g of sugar per day? Thanks!