Just got a Polar FT4 - v different calorie burn to expected!

2»

Replies

• jamantha
    jamantha Posts: 118 Member

You can edit your original post by clicking "edit" in the bottom right corner of the post. So that others that are new don't get confused.

Sorry - I don't seem to have that option, just Report Post, Quote or Reply.
  • kingkoopaluv
    kingkoopaluv Posts: 147 Member
    its wrong
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member

You can edit your original post by clicking "edit" in the bottom right corner of the post. So that others that are new don't get confused.

Sorry - I don't seem to have that option, just Report Post, Quote or Reply.

Once it has been up for so long you can no longer edit.
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    MFP estimates and machines readings are pretty inaccurate. I never knew how bad it actually was until I got an HRM. For me, the elliptical is off about 300 calories an hour, the treadmill is off about 350 an hour and the strider machines were off about 300. MFP overestimated about 30% too. It drives me insane when I see someone who thinks they burned 800-1000 calories an hour when they were just walking. It is pretty unlikely your burning that much unless you are running.
    I highly suggest an HRM. We are so concerned about counting every single calorie we eat, why are we not doing the same for what we burn? If you cant afford an HRM at the very least deduct 30% off your MFP estimates.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Oh, I thought 37 sounded REALLY low too, but 317 sounds ok. Great job on your progress so far, btw!
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Oh in that case (317 not 37) it sounds about right.