Body media fit, fit bit, body bug… any others?

Options
I have a good HRM… but I would like something I wear all day that would calculate my TDEE along with other stuff. I’m ok with an arm band or ankle thing but would like to avoid a chest strap. I have not researched any of these so I thought I would begin here.

Suggestions, likes or dislikes are most welcome.

I have a sedentary job but had my desk converted to a standing desk and I move around a lot, so I would like something that is calculating more off of a heart rate than a step movement as I have a tendency to rock back and forth or swing my legs …(yes, I’m a dork)

Thanks in advance for any input :happy:

Replies

• Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Wife has a BodyMedia she loves. Nice and easy to use, neat charts, lets her see how things are going for the day, lets her know just how much that workout really took out of her, and she is starting to really push to hit her walking goal anytime she is close to it.
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    bump... thank you
  • esmesmomma
    esmesmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just bought the BMF LINK(bluetooth connects to app on phone) bc a friend has it and LOVES it. I already see how addicting it is. there is a learning curve and I actually had to send the first one back bc it wouldnt work at all but they rushed me a new one that works great. so far so good!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Media Link as well, since around mid Feb, and I absolutely love it. It is spot on for me, and I love all the data it gives me. Deft helps me see where I need to be improving
  • heathermcclellan
    Options
    For those of you who have one of these or use one, are they working? Are you losing weight?
  • betherfany
    Options
    Iave a BMF Link as well, had it a little over a week and before hand was not losing any weight because I didn't realize I was burning about 500 calories more than expected so I wasn't eating enough. It is really addicting to watch your calories being burned and tracking everything.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    bodymedia core armband is my <3!! I have had it for almost 6 months now and its an amazing device (with display watch) that helps me choose better choices when out with my family!! Couldn't have asked for anything better! yes I have lost my ticker weight with using mine :)
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have one of these or use one, are they working? Are you losing weight?

They are tools but they don't make you loose weight, it's up to you to use the data present to loose weight. (I know that's obvious but I had to say it anyways.)

That being said, I've seen many people on here use it and usually gets good reviews. Usually when I see someone give a bad review on it, it's because they are asking way too much of it.
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit but I'm interested in this thread because I'm wondering if one of the others would be better. Did anyone start with a Fitbit and switch to something else they liked better? If so, why? Thanks!
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Was talking with my wife about hers last night (She got it, was home 2 days and then left for 10 days, and then came home to our normal to many things at once life)....I had not realized it auto syncs with MFP telling it how many cals she has burned each day, so MFP adjust her goal, and all she ever has to enter any more is the food intake.

I also like that it gave her a notification about how much sodium she was eating when she was scanning foods in (She had not realized it), and I think has also done some of the same on days she has gone over the top on eating fat filled foods. I also like its good friend attitude when giving you messages, versus the more cold, professional "here are the numbers" feel I get from MFP's messages.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit and have now switched to a BMF Link. I'm loving the link. I had stalled in my weight loss and come to find out I was not eating enough. I burn more throughout the day than the fitbit gave me credit for. I get fewer calories for exercise that is not cardio from the link than I did with a HRM but for straight up cardio it is comparable. So far, it seems to be working as long as I don't over do the peanut butter.
  • cricket_77
    cricket_77 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I saw that they are coming out with a BodyMedia Core 2 which is suppose to be a lot smaller and can link up to a HRM. It can also run simultaneously with your smartphone without running down the battery. I think it said it's coming out in August. Hmmm...wondering if I should wait!
  • jvnoonway
    jvnoonway Posts: 24
    Options
    I also thought about waiting, and what I've seen about the new one is great, but these release dates on new product are never set in stone, so it could be August, but it could also be December. Was talking with my husband and he jsut asked, "well, do you want it to start helping now or in 6 months" and my immdiate answer was RIGHT NOW. I am SO glad I did it.. sure it has its downfalls, but what technology does not. I am SO happy I have it and was able to pull out of my many month plateau, and surpass 200lbs!!

I suggest to get it now in case the new one gets delayed!
    I saw that they are coming out with a BodyMedia Core 2 which is suppose to be a lot smaller and can link up to a HRM. It can also run simultaneously with your smartphone without running down the battery. I think it said it's coming out in August. Hmmm...wondering if I should wait!