Nursing

Im currently in the US Army but getting out soon, I want to go back to school for nursing, what do you guys think about a dude being a nurse? and if theyre any nurses, what are your recomendations on schools? and how hard/easy and how long will it take?

Replies

• sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    I was in the ER a few weeks ago and my Triage nurse was a guy. A really cute one too. Sucked at putting in IVs though- my arm is still bruised.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Accredited colleges are changing the country over, it use to be that you could get your RN in 2 years through Accredited colleges (Castleton State was the closest college to me) but that isn't the case any more. I would suggest searching around and ensuring whatever college you do attend will be state certified for nursing. LPN Courses are much quicker, and easier to find but I am assuming when you say Nursing you want the real deal, full certification of an RN :) LPN courses can be found the country over though, they are usually offered by vocational schools and run a year with 40 hour a week classes, that are naturally half class half clinical to get your hours. :)

As for how I view male nurses? I know a good many male nurses, I think of them the same way as female nurses. :) Good luck, and take care of your patients that is all that matters.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    im good at putting in iv's (and other things alike) but ive never seen a male nurse until i was in afghanistan and it seemed like a fun job