SUPER Easy Taco Salad

Options
FitToBeFab
FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
I like food that's made quickly, so I was extremely excited to stumble upon this taco salad recipe. It took me all of 20 minutes to make, and since I'm only one person, it gave me lunch for the next two days!

Super Easy Taco Salad (Makes 3 Servings):

Ingredients:
3/4 Jar (I think mine was 12 oz so...9oz) of Salsa (however spicy you like!)
1 Lb of Lean ground meat (7% meat fat is what I used)
1 Bag of Dole shredded lettuce
3/4 Cup of shredded sharp cheddar
6 Tbs of Light sour cream

Preparation:
Mix meat and salsa in a skillet while on med-high. Keep stirring and mixing as the meat browns, it should take about 10-15 minues to cook all the way. The salsa will cook out a bit (it looks really watery at first, but hang in there). Drain mean and any excess salsa liquid. Layer to your liking!

I like the lettuce on bottom, a little bit of cheese, then meat, rest of cheese, then sour cream!

Nutritional Info per serving:
Calories: 434; Fat: 21; Protien: 40; Carbs: 19; Fiber: 1; Sodium: 1788

Each serving is 1/3lb of meat, which could be a lot depending on your preference. You could split it up in to four servings, but you'd have to recalculate the nutritional info. Yes, the sodium is a little high from the salsa. You may be able to find a fancy organic kind that has less sodium. Also, if you want to cut it down a little more, try fat free sour cream or low fat cheese, or both! Or even leaner meat!

Enjoy!

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    yum! but OUCH on the sodium

OH duh, 4 servings...lol sorry, I don't know how I missed that, not bad at all then:wink:
  • madgoth
    madgoth Posts: 60
    Options
    Add some kidney beans for fiber
  • MattySparky
    MattySparky Posts: 771
    Options
    KAPOW SODIUM!!! (make your own salsa, it would make this recipe somewhat healthy)