Do your knees ever get stronger?

Options
I just started the first week of Body Revolution. I did 30DS and Ri30, so I know Jillian Michaels workouts can be tough on the knees, but I'm wondering, do your knees ever get stronger? I'm 24, not heavily overweight, and have never had a knee injury... but I can already feel my knees getting irritated.

Maybe I need to warmup more?

Replies

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I think theoretically they can. I'm going to physio tomorrow for a knee injury and I'm sure they'll give me some exercises to help stretch and strengthen my knee.
    I would consult a PT for knee specific exercises.
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    jumping strengthens your knees. Definitely wwarm up more and dont forget rest days are important too
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I wonder if that awful woman will be flogging a post knee joint replacement surgery DVD soon?

She's certainly creating her own client base.
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    So I've been going to physio lately for what I thought was a knee problem. It turns out that my VMO is weak causing pressure on my MCL (me one knee hurts/ tight from a fracture 7 months ago). I have been given a squat program and am working on strengthening my hips and ankle to give more support to me knee. Maybe you could try that too, it may not be just your knees but they are feeling the brunt of everything from weak overall leg muscles.