Are these calorie counts right?

Options
philsy1
philsy1 Posts: 104 Member
I got one of those big Walmart sub sandwiches from the deli case and logged the portion I ate. But I'm surprised to see their Supreme is listed her at about 275 calories for the whole thing. Am I misinterpreting something? I would have estimated over 800 calories.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If it seems too good to be true it probably is
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I find grossly underestimated calories on MFP all the time. 80 calorie avocados, 275 calorie slices of pizza, etc. Some people are in denial. I always look at multiple entries, and if I'm still suspicious I Google it until I have a reasonable consensus.
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The bread alone is probably that. And, I agree, there are often incorrect calorie/nutrition counts on here.
  • LeonitusCharm
    Options
    I find grossly underestimated calories on MFP all the time. 80 calorie avocados, 275 calorie slices of pizza, etc. Some people are in denial. I always look at multiple entries, and if I'm still suspicious I Google it until I have a reasonable consensus.

This. Especially the reasonable consensus part.
  • AEcklar813
    AEcklar813 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    My husband got one of their mega subs or whatever they are called last week. He ate half and left me the other half. I scanned the bar code for it and it came up a lot less than I expected. I thought about it and realized that they also make a smaller version of the same sub (it was chicken bacon ranch) and the cal count I got for the big one I scanned was probably for the smaller one. I hope that makes sense.
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    lots of them seem to be all over the place and hard to find just a simple vegetable weighing in grams but they are in medium,cup,and different tablespoon sizes.
    the same with the exercises i burned 419 calories in 3 hours according to to mfp while cooking but burns less walking 3miles.
    I looked for different sights to see what they said and 273 was worked out for my weight which i believe more.