Your refrigerator

Options
Okay, so I went grocery shopping last night and I always go to the checkout stand of this woman my daughter likes. I started putting my food up at the checkout and she says "you always eat so healthy." I love healthy foods but I do have a weakness for the occasional junk food. Looking in my fridge I feel like the healthiest person in the world. I have lots of fruits and veggies, homemade fruit juice, fresh sliced lunch meat instead of the stuff with all the preservatives, low fat milk, and anything that isn't freshly made is low cal, carb and sodium.
What does your fridge look like and how does it make you feel? lol

Replies

• 716Laura37
    716Laura37 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of our shopping trips together =) Healthy foods taste so good! I don't know why we want the bad stuff lol
  • helmsara
    helmsara Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I was actually thinking the same thing the other day. I was pretty dang proud of what I saw (and didn't see) in my fridge!
  • shineyapple
    shineyapple Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    my fridge is packed with yogurt :)
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My fridge says one thing, but my cabinets are what I try to watch out for lol(especially the ones with my beloved's foods- he's such a junky)
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Skim milk, butter, eggs, chia seeds, greek yogurt, bacon, flax seed, tons of veggies, a few fruits, lots of low calorie/low sodium sauces/mustards, garlic, low sodium cottage cheese, soymilk, homemade coffee creamer and a piece of chocolate cream pie. :)
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    my fridge is packed with yogurt :)

HA! So is mine....stacked up on the bottom shelf. And about 4 cartons of soy and almond milk. Freezer is packed with chicken and fish. I'm actually eating and shopping MORE than before MFP.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    My fridge has chicken breast, spinach, oranges, butter from grass-fed cows, kefir, cottage cheese, peppers, and berries.

The TastyKakes and Pop-Tarts are in the breadbox.
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My fridge makes me look like I have O.C.D. :laugh: I pre-plan, prep and package up all my meals for the week ahead so my fridge has perfect little rows of baby carrots, sliced strawberries, spinach, yogurts, cooked beans, etc. Plus I have a gallon sun tea jar full of lemon/cucumber/mint/ginger water.
  • shelbydemeuse
    shelbydemeuse Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I actually went to Kroger last night and got ALL fruit and veggies! :) Plus some bread and Greek yogurt. I love having a fridge full of healthy food!
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My other half eats well also. Today was a grocery shopping day and I usually cannot fit all of our fresh foods in the fridge. So I buy 1/2 ripe and 1/2 less ripe fruits/veggies and leave the not so ripe out on the counter. We have Bottom shelf has kids stuff on it so they can reach. Otherwise, it is pretty colorful and yummy.
  • syrklc
    syrklc Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great.. Not much different than yours ;)
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am currently getting low on stuff and have to make a trip to the grocery store but I love seeing my fridge packed with healthy stuff! I am eating more of a raw vegan so my fridge is normally packed! After shopping, I can barely fit everything into my fridge. A lot of the time the under ripe fruit has to stay on the counter because it just won't fit into the fridge. I love opening my fridge and seeing all the healthy foods and all the colour!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    My fridge is nearly bare and I keep it that way on purpose. Couple containers of leftovers, milk, OJ, eggs, peanut butter and jam, , some broccoli, cheese, and a few condiments. I keep it that way because its the exact opposite if the chaos that is the fridge I grew up with. My parents cram so much crap in their fridge. If there's more than half a bite left it has to get saved. If its sell-by date is less than 3 months previous, it's still in there (and probably still getting used >gag< ). I could go on but I won't. My freezer, on the other hand...that's packed full! :laugh: