For those trying to avoid GMO's...

Options
MzBug
MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
A brief list of Monsanto companies...sorry, you will have to cut and paste the link.

Boycott Monsanto – A Simple List of Companies to Avoid

http://fracturedparadigm.com/2013/04/02/boycott-monsanto-a-simple-list-of-companies-to-avoid/

Replies

• Kattamer81
    Options
    I saw this list recently...amazing how many companies are affected! Gross...
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    As a supporter of using less pesticides to grow crops, maximizing yields per acre farmed, and making crops easier for small farmers to cultivate I appreciate this list of companies that I can support.
  • katythemommy
    katythemommy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this!
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Good info! Thanks!
  • massey1135
    massey1135 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I support them too. Less chemicals. I prefer my food and water to not have atrazine in them!!!1
  • zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for posting! I was relieved to see I don't purchase any of these products anyway and I really appreciate getting to share this list with some of my more health- and environmentally-conscious friends.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I read that a while back & was thrilled to find I no longer buy products from any brand listed. One of the perks of eliminating processed foods.
  • massey1135
    massey1135 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I responded to this earlier and then looked at the list. I must say it is an impressive list but its just food companies. Cotton is a GMO. The clothes you were are a product of a GMO product. Going to boycott clothing too? Its not just Monsanto either. Look at what Pioneer or Dupont produces from a GMO product. Im sorry but I am a farmer who raises the products that makes the food you eat, clothes you wear, and the medicines you take.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    i already don't purchase products from these companies! score!

but thanks for the list anyway - great to know. all the more reason to eat whole foods!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    As a supporter of using less pesticides to grow crops, maximizing yields per acre farmed, and making crops easier for small farmers to cultivate I appreciate this list of companies that I can support.
    heh-heh, exactly.
    People hate change, even when it's a benefit. Stubborn ignorance.
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU for posting this!!! I am outraged that Obama signed the GMO Bill. What a betrayal! In our family, we've already been switching over to organic, but this list makes it so much easier. Thanks!
  • Chris99mu
    Chris99mu Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I do not believe the majority of ppl in this thread are picking up what you're putting down....
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    heh-heh, exactly.
    People hate change, even when it's a benefit. Stubborn ignorance.

I was gonna say the same, but he beat me to it. :)
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i already don't purchase products from these companies! score!

but thanks for the list anyway - great to know. all the more reason to eat whole foods!

Yeah the healthier I eat the less I eat this stuff anyways. I see a few treats on there I occasionally buy. (V8, Healthy Choice and Hellman's for once a year homemade yum yum sauce as no good Hibachi in Phoenix!!!)