July 4th Challenge + need prize ideas if I meet it

Options
Hey everyone,

So i've been a member on here for some time now, trying to get healthier and in better shape. About 3 months ago I started P90X and did great for about 45 days, then b/c of a lot of stress i've completely stopped. But i'm ready to start back up again (even tho my life is not any less stressful, but i need to learn to deal w/ it and keep up my healthy lifestyle!) My husband and I made a little challenge for ourselves to get us motivated. It's to lose the most weight by July 4th. So in 8 weeks, I could loose anywhere from 8 to 12 lbs. I'm at 151, but I want to weight 135 (final goal, i probably won't hit that in 8 weeks.)

So first, would anyone be up for a little 4th of July challenge with me? we could track our weight loss and food goals here, keep ea. other encouraged, and so on.

Second, my husband & I made sort of a wager, so i need to figure out what I want if I win the challenge. I have no idea. I've thought of a nice (like really nice) dinner, or a weekend trip somewhere semi-close (and won't cost an arm and a leg), or have him do the laundry for a month. But none of those things seem like the perfect reward. I have today to think about it. So maybe you all can help me out. What do you think?

And let me know if you're interested joining me in this challenge! Maybe we all can 'reward' ourselves on July 4th!

Laura

Replies

• garywittmann
    Options
    P90X I am on day 60 and have lost a 44 pounds plus the other day I was a winner for working out. I would love to be your coach My profile name is garywittmann. Go to coachrelations@teambeachbody.com and request garywittmann to be your coach and I will help you everyday. http://teambeachbody.com/garywittmann Go there and read my profile. If You are not a member rejoin teambeachbody on this page or call me at 812-482-5244 if I am not home leave a message and I will call you back. Today is my Birthday and my son and I are going out for supper.

Gary Wittmann
    www.garywittmann.com
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    How about the hubby takes you to get a new outfit that you can where to a nice dinner that he has fixed for you and then a nice evening with hubby treating you as if you was at the spa:love: ..(getting a total body) and if you are close to a theater maybe even take in a good movie :wink: before your spa treatment.. way I look at it you would not be very expensive:noway: and you are getting quality pampered time from the hubby:love: ...Hmm now you got me thinking:blushing: ..might have to try this with my hubby...:tongue:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this! I am going on vacation that next week so thats my goal time to have lost my weight. I am trying to get to 135 too! I am between 141 and 145 depending on when I weigh in now. Just let me know how you want the challenge to work and I am IN.

rewards: I am buying a new swim suit! :smile: