Hello from Cincinnati

Hello everyone
I figured I would introduce myself on her. My name is Jessica and I am currently living in Cincinnati with my hubby and our doggy Darwin. I am quite the little swimmer. I have been swimming since I could remember. The thing is that my weight has always been a little bit of a problem. But as the time for us to start a family is coming near, I want to be in the best shape possible so that when we have children, I can be fit and be a good role model for our kids. Right now I am working on my swimming and weights and I try to run at least once a week. My hubby and I participated in a 5k mud run last year and my performance was less then stellar. So this year I want to be better, so I am working hard on being able to really rock the competition.

I currently work as a swim coach at the local YMCA and volunteer at the Museum Center. I have my BA in anthropology and am 99.9% done with my Master's degree in Anthropology with a focus in Archaeology.

If anybody has any questions let me know!

Replies

• Hello Jessica! My fellow Ohioan!

My name is Kara, I am from the Dayton area! :)
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Hello Jessica, I used to be a native Buckeye!! I lived in the Dayton area as well, now live in Illinois, always good to have buddies from their home state. Feel free to add me!!
  • Hello Jessica! I am from the Cincinnati area myself (Westside) but now live in Harrison, Ohio as I had to move back in with my parents after losing my job. Nice to have you here.. I love that you are already living a healthy lifestyle and just want to be active here/keep track of your weight/activities so that you can continue living and learning for your future family. :)
  • cincigina
    cincigina Posts: 57 Member
    Hi Jessica,
    Welcome. I am also from Cincinnati. And Anderson, so we are both probably at the ME Lyons YMCA. I am also a swimmer albeit, a slow one.

I try to get to the Y 3 days a week. I was actually in awesome shape before I had my first ...and okay shape after my second but things went down hill after that. I work full time and kids take up a lot of time. My kids are 8 and 6 now so I am trying to spend more time focusing on me.

I'm thinking of doing the 30 day shred just to see if I can do it. I am NOT in great shape.

Maybe I'll see you around.
    Gina
  • Hello Jessica,

I am also from Cincinnati and have lived in Anderson my whole life! I am sure we have crossed paths, I also workout at the ME Lyons YMCA. I just did a killer cylcing class this morning at 5:30 am :smile:

Jan