Females: Exercising and a missed period??

Options
I am like clock work when it comes to my period each month. I always start on a wednesday and end on a saturday but I was suppose to start wednesday and it has yet to show up. I started 30 day shred 3 days before my last cycle and had a normal cycle and now its time for my cycle again and all i'm experiencing is cramps when I was suppose to start and horrible headaches. Has this happened to anyone else? If I continue working out will it just show back up next month? This is just odd for me to miss. (No i'm not pregnant although I wished I could assume this but it takes time for that and haven't had time for anything this past month)

Replies

• JessicaHeathfield
    JessicaHeathfield Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yes, this has happened to me. Don't stress it sometimes takes your body a bit to get used to. I wish I could miss them all together! Haha
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    This happens to me often.. it usually is late but I've had that problem since I started menstruating.. give it another 10 days. If it doesn't come then, see your doctor.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I am like clock work when it comes to my period each month. I always start on a wednesday and end on a saturday but I was suppose to start wednesday and it has yet to show up. I started 30 day shred 3 days before my last cycle and had a normal cycle and now its time for my cycle again and all i'm experiencing is cramps when I was suppose to start and horrible headaches. Has this happened to anyone else? If I continue working out will it just show back up next month? This is just odd for me to miss. (No i'm not pregnant although I wished I could assume this but it takes time for that and haven't had time for anything this past month)

I'm not sure what you mean by it takes time and you haven't had time. You aren't saying it isn't possible so I can't assume you weren't sexually active this month. If it is a matter of timing you may be surprised.
  • BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    If the exercise is really strenuous your body might signal it as "stress," which can absolutely cause you to be irregular. Then of course, there's the whole pregnancy thing, but if you're sure that's not it, then yes. It is probably definitely from vigorous exercise.