Others doing the 30 Day Shred?

Options
Yes, another 30 DS board... I started it today to "trick my body." ;)
I was wondering if those of you that do it pair it with other workouts as well?
I only burned 175 cals doing it and am considering going on the elliptical for another 20 minutes to burn some more off.
But I'm also on my feet 8 hours a day, running around in a restaurant and eat between 1300-1500 cals a day, more or less.
I just really don't want to stall my weight loss by not burning as many calories with exercise as I could.
What do you think?

Replies

• Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I only burned 175 cals doing it and am considering going on the elliptical for another 20 minutes to burn some more off.
    But I'm also on my feet 8 hours a day, running around in a restaurant and eat between 1300-1500 cals a day, more or less.
    I just really don't want to stall my weight loss by not burning as many calories with exercise as I could.
    What do you think?

Do whatever feels right for your body! Personally, I started 30 DS in the mornings and it felt good at the time, but then I'd get a burst of energy throughout the rest of the day and I'd be antsy to do something else, haha. So now instead I do Insanity in the mornings and 30 DS at night. Some people only do 30 DS and some people like to supplement it with something else; also, some people will tell you not to supplement it with something else. (Boy, I had a lot of people telling me not to add Insanity to my plan.) Ultimately, if you want to do it, then do it! Only you know how much you're able to do. (:
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hi...In my opinion you should definately add at least 30 minutes of some sort of cardio in addition to doing the shred...I am sure you will get different opinions but I do 30 day shred and run between 5 and 7 miles every day...I know some people will say that is too much but I am addicted to running...and attribute it to staying fit...I personally do not think 30 day shred is that good for cardio...you basically are only doing 6 minutes of cardio in each level the rest is strenght train and abs...so you need a little more cardio...good luck!!!
  • ellemuise
    ellemuise Posts: 34
    Options
    im also doing 30ds! im on lvl 2 day 6 tomorrow! i also run almost every day but im not on my feet all the time, im also eating about 1500 cals. you can add me if you want!
  • lexlyn14
    lexlyn14 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    What do you think?

Do whatever feels right for your body! Personally, I started 30 DS in the mornings and it felt good at the time, but then I'd get a burst of energy throughout the rest of the day and I'd be antsy to do something else, haha. So now instead I do Insanity in the mornings and 30 DS at night. Some people only do 30 DS and some people like to supplement it with something else; also,

some people will tell you not to supplement it with something else. (Boy, I had a lot of people telling me not to add Insanity to my

plan.) Ultimately, if you want to do it, then do it! Only you know how much you're able to do. (:

How do you find insanity compared to shred??? Is it mostly cardio???
  • LadyRhodes01
    LadyRhodes01 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've just completed the 30DS. I did running, elliptical, bike, and strength training before each 30DS workout. I didnt burn much cals with it. Even though combined with other things, I love the results of my body. With 30DS, alone, I was only burning 200 cals.

If you want to implement other workouts is completely up to you. I support it entirely.
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the input! :)
    I think I might do my usual 30 minutes on the elliptical in the mornings before work, then do the 30 DS at night after work.
    I can definitely tell I'm going to be sore tomorrow though, I haven't been feeling sore after my workouts, so that's how I figured I should start switching something up, haha.
  • petercruzs
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS! I'm currently on Day 7 of Level 1. I'm loving it! I had heard not to do cardio in addition to 30DS but I'm gonna try it! I'm also doing the Couch25k program. I'm ADDICTED to this new, active lifestyle now! Looking forward to hearing from you and others!
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    I'm doing the 30DS! I'm currently on Day 7 of Level 1. I'm loving it! I had heard not to do cardio in addition to 30DS but I'm gonna try it! I'm also doing the Couch25k program. I'm ADDICTED to this new, active lifestyle now! Looking forward to hearing from you and others!

I feel the same! I always feel amazing when I work out... Well maybe not DURING, but AFTER I definitely do lol! I can't believe I didn't start this sooner.
  • petercruzs
    Options

I feel the same! I always feel amazing when I work out... Well maybe not DURING, but AFTER I definitely do lol! I can't believe I didn't start this sooner.

Yes, AFTER! During I'm yelling things at Jillian that I'm PRETTY sure I wouldn't say to her face! I ask myself why I didn't start sooner, but I know that it was because I wasn't ready to make the commitment. I'm glad I did though. Feel free to add me as a friend, we could definitely use each other's encouragement!
  • Asterie
    Asterie Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    What do you think?

Do whatever feels right for your body! Personally, I started 30 DS in the mornings and it felt good at the time, but then I'd get a burst of energy throughout the rest of the day and I'd be antsy to do something else, haha. So now instead I do Insanity in the mornings and 30 DS at night. Some people only do 30 DS and some people like to supplement it with something else; also,

some people will tell you not to supplement it with something else. (Boy, I had a lot of people telling me not to add Insanity to my

plan.) Ultimately, if you want to do it, then do it! Only you know how much you're able to do. (:

How do you find insanity compared to shred??? Is it mostly cardio???

It's really intense cardio! I'm over my target zone throughout the entire video and burn on average 500 calories in 45 minutes. Insanity is definitely more difficult than Shred, but with that being said, that doesn't make it impossible. The moves aren't the challenge; you are!

He encourages you to take breaks and you get a break for water every minute or so--plus, the people on the videos even take breaks in the middle of the training. In that sense, I think it's almost easier than 30 DS because he isn't yelling at you that there's only 20 minutes and you need to get your time's worth since you're not going to the gym for an hour. In my opinion, this definitely makes it more encouraging to try to push harder (even though Jillian can't see me... I think I may just be strange, haha). But definitely try it if you can! The fit test is a little intimidating, but it gets better after that. (:
  • emsxoxo
    emsxoxo Posts: 12
    Options
    HI! I Just started this today. I didn't do my usual circuit class today, so thought i'd do this tonight. Am I right in saying you do 10 days of the level 1, 10 days of the level 2 and 10 of the level 3?

I'm on a farm so do a bit of walking around and am quite active during the day at work so i'm not overly fussed if I don't do some cardio.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I did 30 day shred and walked 30 minutes every day. Within 30 days I lost 17 lbs and 2 pant sizes
  • sorryfrench
    Options
    HI! I Just started this today. I didn't do my usual circuit class today, so thought i'd do this tonight. Am I right in saying you do 10 days of the level 1, 10 days of the level 2 and 10 of the level 3?

I'm on a farm so do a bit of walking around and am quite active during the day at work so i'm not overly fussed if I don't do some cardio.

Yes, you do 10 days of each level, but if you need to take more, or even less time, its totally up to you! :)
  • Mimoki
    Mimoki Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    so far I'm on day 40 lol! 20 days each level.