Something is wrong with me I need help :(

Options
I look back at my diary, I see very little calories, I feel like I ate more. I dig thru my memory trying to see if I was munching or something and just dont remember but no. And a few weeks ago it was with me hoovering around 1200 on the low side for me but not bad and now I was going to finish my day at 900 (I am going to go make myself eat something before bed) But why is this happening to me? It is like I have lost all real desire to eat. I dont even finish my lunch though I log the whole thing I just stop when I feel full. I know this is not good for me. But I grew up learning to read my hunger cues (gained the weight from eating really rich foods for a few years) Why is this happening to me? I used to read posts of other members who would say they were not hungry and didnt eat all their calories, this was never me. I didnt understand how that could even be possible. Now i wonder

Replies

• iamlaprell
    iamlaprell Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary it's hard to pinpoint but check to see if you are eating all lowcal foods....for instance I can get full on a bowl of lettuce which has 0 calories, so if I eat salads for all my meals I could literally only eat 600 calories a day and still be full. Check on your macros too, make sure you are getting your proteins and iron and such, maybe ensuring you are hitting your macros will encourage you to eat higher calorie content food.
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    ok thanks. I try to hit protein and fiber goals. That could be part of it. A can of progresso light soup and package of frozen edamame makes me stuffed for lunch and is usually between 300 and 400 calories and breakfast is just to hard at 5 am so I usually just have coffee so by noon each day I only consume less then 500 for breakfast and lunch. That is probably what it is. Maybe stress is hiding my hunger cues lately too
  • iamlaprell
    Options
    Stress can definitely do that, but keep in mind that not getting a healthy diet can contribute to hormone imbalances too which can lead to anxiety which amplifies the effects of stress, it's one of those neverending circles.

Try grazing too as opposed to eating large meals, maybe keep a bag of carrots, nuts, etc around and make it your goal to finish that bag by the end of the day, that supplemental snacking can help you increase your calorie intake without making you feel stuffed. Also try to add some almond milk (I love Silk Dark Chocolate) as it is a healthier liquid calorie option.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend going to see your doctor for a check-up just to make certain everything is okay. I can relate because not only do I have a lack of appetite but also no desire to eat. This is a foreign concept to me as I didn't get up to 362 pounds from starvation ... heh! I had all the major blood work panels done and at least they are okay minus the expected abnormalities in triglycerides and cholesterol. It would be a good idea for you to rule out some of the more serious things that could go wrong.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Stress can definitely do that, but keep in mind that not getting a healthy diet can contribute to hormone imbalances too which can lead to anxiety which amplifies the effects of stress, it's one of those neverending circles.

Try grazing too as opposed to eating large meals, maybe keep a bag of carrots, nuts, etc around and make it your goal to finish that bag by the end of the day, that supplemental snacking can help you increase your calorie intake without making you feel stuffed. Also try to add some almond milk (I love Silk Dark Chocolate) as it is a healthier liquid calorie option.

I wish I could but I work in an office that has really strict security and we can only have drinks that screw closed at our desk and really strict scheduled breaks, a lunch and two 15 min breaks and the 15s I usually try to eat something but lately I just go to the bathroom and walk around bored with no appetite. And then I eat my lunch but down finish it and then I do eat a snack after work before the long drive home, a yogurt or fiber one bar then I usually forget to eat dinner. It is just so weird is I used to graze all the time and have a good appetite. I think I am just going thru some things and internalizing some emotions. Thanks for the tips though. I think I will stash some chocolates in my locker and make myself eat my snacks that I pack. Today I took an orange, peeled it on my break and then just threw it away cuz it didnt taste good to me.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    I will have insurance next month that is a great idea. And considering I am almost 37 and NEVER had a full check up I probably should do that too :) great idea thanks!
  • iamlaprell
    Options
    Yeah, I understand when you are restricted about when you can eat! I too tend to internalize my emotions and although I've always been proud of being self-reliant when it comes to my emotions and thoughts, I am finding that even though it's good to be independent, you can do more damage to your psyche by internalizing than you'd do to your friendships by talking it through with others. If you ever need to talk, feel free to add me and I'll be there to listen.