Tell me your best Vacation spot / experience and why?

BADGIRLstl
BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
We are planning on going on vacation and is absolutely clueless as to where we should go....so I am interested in your best vacation spots and why....thanks for sharing....

Replies

• thenebean9
    thenebean9 Posts: 216
    How about Greece? They have great beaches and beautiful islands, plus there are some great historical places to visit as well.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Costa Rica ( BY FAR). We went to jaco on the pacific coast. AMAZING. It was cheap (300$ flights and hotel on the beach was like 95$ a night). The weather was perfect. The beach was beautiful. The culture is AWESOME. The people are so friendly and laid back. The jungle is close by. We got to do fun things like zip line through the jungle, get surf lessons from locals, bungee jump, try all kinds of foods. It was perfect.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Costa Rica ( BY FAR). We went to jaco on the pacific coast. AMAZING. It was cheap (300$ flights and hotel on the beach was like 95$ a night). The weather was perfect. The beach was beautiful. The culture is AWESOME. The people are so friendly and laid back. The jungle is close by. We got to do fun things like zip line through the jungle, get surf lessons from locals, bungee jump, try all kinds of foods. It was perfect.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    I've been all over Florida, and my favorite spot by far is Destin. It's in the panhandle. It has such pretty white sand and the water is so pretty and clear! I've been going there every year for a while now. If you've ever been to Panama City then you can compare the beaches (they're really close together). Panama City is more of a party place and Destin seems to be less crowded and more laid back. Either way the Gulf beaches are some of my favorite places to go! I can't wait to go back!

Hope that helps!
  • kimberly428
    kimberly428 Posts: 237
    If you have children I say Disney World all the way! Heck, Id go even if I didnt have a child...
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Quick question-Are you staying in the states or anywhere is open?
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    A big group of us went to San Diego California and loved it. There was something for everyone. We went to the beach, Lego Land, Sea World and stayed in a suite so we could make our own dinners at night out next to the ocean.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Me and my girls take a big trip at least once a year. Last year it was Los Cabos, Mexico. We had a blast. If you wanna party, go there! We also love Vegas too.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Quick question-Are you staying in the states or anywhere is open?
    Anywhere is open.....thanks guys and I appreciate it......
  • adlerbaby
    adlerbaby Posts: 7 Member
    The best place I have ever been to is Jamaica. It was AMAZING there. And not just because my husband and I got married on the beach there. It takes a little bit to get used to the humidity, but it is so nice. The Caribbean is so warm and amazing (and the best thing is there aren't any sharks!) and so clear, you can see the bottom even when you're in 30 ft deep water!

We went to Sandals Grande Ochos Rios resort, and it was just wonderful. Everyone is so nice there, and there is so much to do! I would recommend it to absolutely any one! I can't wait to go back myself!
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    I can not divulge that information as all my pre marriage vacations contain much stronger than PG-13 material and the post marriage vacations contains even filthier details. BWAHAHAHHAA lmao
    :flowerforyou:
  • lalonzo
    lalonzo Posts: 557
    Honolulu Hawaii!!! Waikiki was beautiful!!!
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    My favorite spot: Cedar Point. http://www.cedarpoint.com/ It's in Sandusky, OH on Lake Erie.

Best Hotel to stay at is 100+ year old Hotel Breakers that has breathtaking views of Lake Erie. It's also the closest hotel - just a two-minute walk to Cedar Point, Challenge Park and Soak City. The Hotel Breakers also offers bell service and a concierge to assist you upon arrival, during your stay and at your departure. Its nice to be able to walk back to the hotel during the day for a nap or break.

It's my happy place that Ive been going to for over a decade. An amusement park, water park, beach & beach activities. there is a marina too. A camper village for RVs if you don't want to stay at the hotel. There is even a pet check if you don't want to leave your pet at home for vacation. Oh yeah, the cottages & cabins if you want another option.

It's the #1rated amusement park on the planet. It's also the 2nd oldest amusement park in North America. With history dating back to 1870, the classic amusement park/resort on the shore of Lake Erie has seen its share of rides, roller coasters, trends and history. There is even a grand ballroom that used to host famous big bands back in the day.

We don't have kids. We go there just for our own fun but its certainly a family friendly vacation option that's a road trip away which is part of the fun for us. Its about a 5hr ride from Illinois to Cedar Point.

We don't want to find other vacation ideas b/c we have so much fun here year after year.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    I've had great vacations in many different spots for different reasons.

I love Bahamas because it's a short flight and totally laid back, oh and super high end shopping available!
    I love Tobago because it's still somewhat undiscovered by the masses and the residents are awesome.
    Jamaica - well, I word: Negril:love:

N'Awlins - hey, you only need to be there for 3 days !!:drinker:
    I hate disney... but I have children, so it's not fun for me:grumble:
    Colorado: Boulder, because you can't get more outdoors then there, with fantastic little shops and great healthy dining!

London UK - posh hotels, shops... (hmmm... I love to shop)

Sydney Australia - one of the coolest cities I've traveled.:glasses:
    Brisbane Australia - terrible city, but close to the gold coast and the great barrier reef.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Borneo. I saw orangutans!
  • Crickks
    Crickks Posts: 94
    I would tell you go to the U.S.Virgin Islands:glasses: … because that’s where I’m from (St. Croix) …lol…but St. Thomas is where you need to be… St. Thomas is a water lover’s paradise. For your vacation plan a few beach days, snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing, a day charter, kite boarding, sailing, fishing, kayaking and parasailing. On land you can play a round of golf, take an island tour, check out some attractions, take in the historical sites downtown and do some shopping. In the evening you can hit happy hour at a bar or restaurant, catch some live music and have dinner with a sublime view….the island food is off the hook!!!

‘The Wall’, if you are a diver you have likely heard of it! St. Croix is well known for wonderful dive opportunities. If you aren’t a diver you can take introductory classes while on vacation. Additional water sports your vacation to St. Croix might include are snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and boating. On land you can plan a game of golf, take an island tour, explore scenic forests by jeep, enjoy jazz at outdoor concerts, shop, dine, catch a crab race at a local bar, or a horse race at the track.

You can fly directly to St. Croix, it has an airport. Taking a daytrip or better yet an overnight visit to St. Croix from St. Thomas is made possible by regular interisland air service and a ferry...St. John is home to the Virgin Islands National Park which protects over 7000 acres of the 12,500 acre island. It offers visitors a unique opportunity to enjoy and appreciate the beautiful natural resources of the island. You can stay in an eco-friendly cabin or at a campground. At a beautiful resort or in villas and vacation rentals that range from quaint to super luxurious.

The resorts, vacation villas and homes for the 4000+ residents are found largely in and close to Cruz Bay and Coral Bay. Cruz Bay is the main town on St. John. It is the location of the ferry dock which connects St. John to St. Thomas. Cruz Bay has shops, grocery stores, a post office, schools, and so on. The second largest developed area Coral Bay also has restaurants, grocery stores and other businesses that cater to residents and visitors.

Everyone is on "island time"... no worries,,, irie!!!:drinker:

http://www.vinow.com/info/reviews.php

Happy Travels ;-)
  • sunnysmile
    sunnysmile Posts: 1,192
    My husband and I took a cruise of the Antarctic and loved it.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Tybee Island, GA (where the Last Song was filmed)- such a laid back beach with dunes. Had a house about a block from the beach. It was so relaxing, great food. Its right outside of Savanah so had shopping and other things to do there if we wanted too like the haunted tours.
  • CreativeRedhead
    CreativeRedhead Posts: 2,166
    My favorite vacation spot is forever in the Tennessee mountains...the smokies. You truly feel removed from the outside world there and can obtain a relaxed state. For me at least! I love it there and would love to have a cabin there one day.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    My favourite place in the world is and probably always will be Australia (home :))
    It really depends what you are looking for in a vacation as to the type you will enjoy. I like outdoors-y things. Pretty scenery and such, not too big on spending my time away in museums!

Australia - Sydney or any of the smaller coastal cities in NSW (the smaller cities will be cheaper to stay and a better and less touristy vibe about them)

Europe - I loved Berlin, Oslo and Dublin, least favourite was definitely Paris... grotty grotty city with super unfriendly people! Not my thing at all

I really want to go snow-adventuring in Finland, snorkelling and elephant riding in Thailand :)
This discussion has been closed.